GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO   ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:29 am

Hi friends,

If you bought new version of Guzzi tankring to use Givi Tanklock tankbags, please read and response.
As you know, GRiSO (1100, 1200, SE) has aluminum flange surrounding the fuel cap has a raised lip about 2 mm height. This lip causes new ring and accompanied  gasket on plastic filler neck not to seal on top of the gas tank. Naturally gasket on the bottom placed 2 mm above the tank hole plane. To avoid water leakage in the tank, another gasket (2 mm gasoline proof nitrile gasket) should be placed.

IF YOU ARE A GRiSO OWNER WHO BOUGHT NEW TYPE TANK RING BEFORE DECEMBER 27,2015, PLEASE e-mail ME YOUR ADDRESS. I WILL SEND YOU NECESSARY GASKET BY AIRMAIL FREE OF ANY CHARGE.

Previous version of GRiSO Tank rings (flange type rings) and Breva, Norge, Sport owners do not need to install extra gasket.

Kind regards

Onur Kuraner
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO   ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:20 am

That makes sense... Did any gaskets go along with the five I just ordered? Two of them will be going on GRiSOs.

Your attention to detail, and kind offer to supply the needed gaskets is both generous and conscientious.

Thanks!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO   ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:46 am

All 5 have gaskets in packs. I didn't know the number of GRiSO owners, so just add 5 gaskets.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO   ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:57 am

To save you from posting from Turkey. I can send the extra gaskets to folks here in the US who need them.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO   ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:26 am

Thanks Steve. I'll let you know if anybody from US asks for gasket.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO   ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:32 am

okuraner wrote:
Thanks Steve. I'll let you know if anybody from US asks for gasket.

I know I am in the U.S. Very Happy , and pretty sure I am in the "affected class" scratch  as I ordered mine much earlier in the year.

My GRiSO (along with its ring), however, is 800 miles away so I cannot confirm which version I have.  I nevertheless presume I need the new gasket.  Happy to get from Steak (and to reimburse him postage).

========

OBTW, Onur, I remain confused -- in so many things!  clown -- by your statement in a related post WRT the "offset" of the cut in the ring.

There you said in answer to my question on the issue ...

okuraner wrote:
Hi Bill,

When you put the small bag on the adapter, it looks and seems like 2 mm to the left from the axis. That is the fault of Givi. Mechanism under 3D type bags are 2 mm right side from the axis. But XS type bags do not have this problem.

I responded:

"This is just a follow-up to the "off center" issue.

Again, please do not think I am complaining, as I am very happy with both the GRiSO and Norge rings.   I am also not an engineer, so my thinking may be flawed in alll sorts of technical ways.

But, as I was staring at the mounted ring without bag on top, I did wonder why you could not simply offset the "cut-out" a tad -- that's a technical term Very Happy -- to the right for 3D bags and eliminate the tilt.

No need for a lengthy explanation if undoable, but am interested in whether it might be.

Many thanks from the top of Virginia."

You then responded ...

okuraner wrote:
Bill,
*** This is called evolution Laughing

=======

Does that mean, Onur, that you have resolved that issue in subsequent iterations?  

Mutlu Yıllar!

Bill
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO   ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:32 am

Hi Bill,
You bought 2 adapters and according to my records they were both for Breva and no need for extra gasket. But If you installed one them on GRiSO you will need a gasket. I'll send you tomorrow.
Regards
Onur
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO   ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi Bill,
Your gasket is shipped. Tracking number RR087255620TR
Best regards
Onur
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO   ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:50 pm

Got Onur's newest flanges the other day along with the gaskets. Beautiful stuff really. Thanks again Onur!

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO   ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:40 am

okuraner wrote:
Hi Bill,
Your gasket is shipped. Tracking number RR087255620TR
Best regards
Onur

Doh.  Just saw this.  Not here yet, but it'll show after the great melt. Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO   ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:13 pm

The newest version its like a glove on the Stelvio, way to go Onur!

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO   ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:35 am

Got it, Onur.

Uhm. Mebbe.

Package came damaged.

If only content was one "sandwich bag" with flat gasket (as I presume is the case), all good.  See pic.

Oh, I'll ask again, as I apparently muddled my earlier questions on this:

Are your latest versions of the ring itself for the small bag now "on center" or still a bit -- like me  jocolor  -- not quite right?

Thanks, Onur.

Bill
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO   ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:04 am

Steak wrote:
Got Onur's newest flanges the other day along with the gaskets.  Beautiful stuff really.  Thanks again Onur!

I'll second that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO   ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION FOR NEW TANK RING ON GRiSO
Page 1 of 1