12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

The best Coffee ,................................ in The World

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:52 pm

Off to Brisbane to see the Infamous Ghezzi tomorrow, for some Cafe' Racer Coffee. The problem with this coffee is I find it hard to visit a coffee shop for a while afterwards, all others taste like shit pale in comparison cheers
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:23 am

Shit! I hope I don't disappoint.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:29 pm

Hmmm,
Sounds like I have to compare this coffee to
Santa Cruz Roasting Company's Heart of Darkness roast.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:33 pm

Trouble with international shipping is either the cost or time taken, or both.
We roast to order, most beans will take 4-7 days to degas before the flavour peaks. And then the beans are only good for another 10-14 days before the flavour profile drops off.

With local shipping times there is no drama, coffee is good to go when it arrives and you have a fortnight to drink it all.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:44 pm

waterbottle wrote:
Off to Brisbane to see the Infamous Ghezzi tomorrow, for some Cafe' Racer Coffee. The problem with this coffee is I find it hard to visit a coffee shop for a while afterwards, all others taste like shit pale in comparison cheers

See if Wayne won't let you take some green beans home & roast your own. You won't get the variety & subtleties a good roaster can provide, but you should be able to get a decent drop that will tide you over between visits. Won't do much for your other coffee shop experiences though, you'll just get more particular.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:01 pm

Breakfast, Hey Mark, you might have to help paint Ghezzi's wall Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:15 pm

Sprung! No more bitching about my ceiling! Bwahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:16 am

Who is that fat ol' bastard lookin like an Aussie Santa?

Beetle, paint condition is my landlords problem, what's yours?

BIGGER PROBLEMS AHEAD!
I think Ron might be crossing over to the dark side.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:31 pm

You Mofos can't be serious about coffee until you have a REAL expresso Italian made machine in your kitchen!!
And a good brand of coffee beans that you grind yourself for it.
I don't wanna hear about your pussy bleeding all over the place if you don't fit this picture!
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:02 pm

Hey dopey, it's spelled eSpresso!

I shall spend my Saturday afternoon and evening on a 15kg Has Garanti roaster, more than 20 single origins and 5 blends on offer. My favourite is Dark and Stormy, a 4 bean blend. I'm sorry if my Rancilio Rocky grinder and Expobar Minore IV espresso are not up to your illustrious standard.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:03 pm

Spelled expresso where I come from so I no care!
I have a Rancilio Silvia machine and short of going full industrial, it's the shizznit of a private home affair.
At the moment, I use Starbuck French Roast whole bean but I love to find me some Jacques Vabre Arabica locally...
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:20 pm

Some throw shit at each other - you guys are chucking coffee beans - get real lay it on the table, and the biggest wins!
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:03 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Some throw shit at each other - you guys are chucking coffee beans - get real lay it on the table, and the biggest wins!

Ah - the age-old judging manliness by the size of the beans!
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:03 pm

And here's poor old me, having to struggle along with only four SO's, a popcorn popper & a halfway decent grinder. Woe is me. Not even in the race.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:22 pm

WHere are you Mal?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:25 pm

I'm lazy. Nespresso. What else?
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:36 pm

MalG wrote:
And here's poor old me, having to struggle along with only four SO's, a popcorn popper & a halfway decent grinder. Woe is me. Not even in the race.

Its Ok Mal, over here you are still considered a part of the coffee fraternity, we are all at different points on the same journey. Therefore size doesn't matter as we all evolve, eventually.

A Texan was once having a go at my Dad, saying. "Back home our teaspoons are as big as your Aussie table spoons".
My Dad replied. "That's because you have such big furquen mouths".
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:44 pm

boom tish!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:58 pm

beetle wrote:

The wife tried that company after I told her not to and for two reasons:
One, is that their machine is garbage (ours didn't make it two years).
Second, expensive as shit...$1.00 a capsule and it's not rare that one gets jammed and wasted.
I knew this going in as I had friends that had bad experience with this bullshit company but noooooo...wife (now ex) felt like she was special and it wouldn't happen to her so she gave it a shot. Not!!

Anyway Mark, if you haven't pulled the trigger with them don't...lazy is one thing but getting fugged is another.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:07 pm

we have a Lavazza Mio, pods are exxy but it does make a nice coffee, if you are in a hurry. No Milk, cream, sugar goes in mine, just coffee
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:52 pm

Grisonut wrote:
beetle wrote:

The wife tried that company after I told her not to and for two reasons:
One, is that their machine is garbage (ours didn't make it two years).
Second, expensive as shit...$1.00 a capsule and it's not rare that one gets jammed and wasted.
I knew this going in as I had friends that had bad experience with this bullshit company but noooooo...wife (now ex) felt like she was special and it wouldn't happen to her so she gave it a shot. Not!!

Anyway Mark, if you haven't pulled the trigger with them don't...lazy is one thing but getting fugged is another.

Wrong on all accounts. We have a DeLonghi Nespresso unit, and it's been working hard for 4 years. Pods cost us 65¢ each (that's about 42¢ US). The DeLonghi ain't cheap, but you gets whats you pays.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:20 pm

The freshly roasted coffee beans I use have a cost ratio of 34¢/cup but that is offset by an intial investment of several thousand dollars for quality equipment. Proper Espresso machines also use an av of 12g per cup while most pods range from 5.5g to 7.2g, which makes for a much less flavoursome cup. Try 2 pods / cup.

Lavazza Blue take a 12g pod, but then it has never been a question of economics for me, as taste is an individual thing. I also don't answer to the minister of war and finance, I AM!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:09 pm

beetle wrote:

Wrong on all accounts. We have a DeLonghi Nespresso unit, and it's been working hard for 4 years. Pods cost us  65¢ each (that's about 42¢ US). The DeLonghi ain't cheap, but you gets whats you pays.

DeLonghi is not made by Nespresso, and it's a good unit indeed.
I thought you were talking about one of these machines:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Those are junk and we did pay about one USD for the capsule.

Anyway, been using this machine for years now...paid about $450 on Amazon at the time:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It's been upgraded and more better I guess. It's the Guzzi of espresso machines. lol

Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:39 pm

Next step up for me requires 3 phase .............................. might as well get a CNC milling machine while I'm at it.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:46 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Try 2 pods / cup.

Please. My piss is stronger than 2 pods. Minimum 2 pods straight up, no sugar. 3 with milk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Today at 6:17 am

Back to top Go down

The best Coffee ,................................ in The World
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: