12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

The best Coffee ,................................ in The World

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:53 am

Can you guys adjust the amount of water going through your pods?
Because dilution will dictate how strong your coffee will be.
For me as soon has the pouring turns brown instead of black I turn it off, it's done...and strong.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:27 pm

I've been told that the capsules from Aldi fit the Nespresso-type machines - so another source. I don't bother, I use the real stuff (and I know where it all comes from & I get to make the magic happen), but I suppose they are convenient, and don't make much of a mess, which in some households, is a consideration.

For those of us on a limited budget (read: tight - this IS a Guzzi forum), I suppose I average about 11 cents (AUD) a cup/shot. Acceptable for good quality, FRESH, coffee. Used to be cheaper when I first started - the price of green beans has risen over the years.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:46 pm

I haven't done the maths but I pay $15 USD for a 2.5lbs (1.13 kilos) bag of whole beans.
I grind only two pints at the time that I keep in an air tight tupperware, so the coffee stays fresh.
Lasts me about two months...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:29 pm

I said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm lazy.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:46 pm

I woz gunna let this thread die of natural causes .................but,

I said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm Anul.

In relation to milk based coffee;
1. Fresh roasted coffee beans need to de-gas first. It can take from 4 to 7 days depending on the bean and how it was roasted. The darker the roast, the longer it takes to de-gas.

Full flavour profile will not develop until de-gassing is complete. ie. If I open my Dark and Stormy on day 4, the coffee is almost flat and flavourless even though it produces a good crema. Day 5 its drinkable but still mild. Day 6 and its good to go.

2. Once you grind coffee it begins to oxidise, unless you pack it in nitrogen ala ILLY from Italy or most pods. Therefore the best result will come from grinding beans and making your coffee straight away.

3. In general terms roasted coffee has a shelf life of 3 weeks max. Take out your first week for degassing and that leaves you a fortnight to drink it. After that it goes stale and loses all flavour, and you will be flat out making crema regardless of the equipment you use. Again, our Dark and Stormy starts to lose its flavour profile 18 days after roasting.

4. This is the most important fact. Anybody who disagrees with the above and claims their six month old coffee grinds are still fresh and good, is full of shit and their taste is in their bum.

Jest saying .................................

Now Starbucks have bought the next 10 years of crop from Kimel estate in PNG. They are across the other side of Nebiliyer Valley where we have exclusive rights to the full crop from Jim. We only import the top grade hand sorted beans from Jim and he sells all his shitty rejects to Kimel (Starbucks) for $2/kg. The good stuff we get has been rated as a speciality coffee and we can sell it green for $10/kg. I know you merry cans love your black coffee but over here we sip Latte's darling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:09 pm

It makes only sense that shelf life is an issue with just about any food related stuff but the coffee doesn't taste stale to me after 3 weeks.
Or my taste buds are all fucked up...lol
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:14 am

AGGOFARTO; AN EXPLOSION OF FLAVOURS BETWEEN YOUR CHEEKS!

100g of Lick - Coffee and Hazelnut ice cream (its made on eggs and cream at $13 a litre).
1 shot of my favourite blend - Dark and Stormy.
A half nip of Kraken black spiced rum. (Thanks Ron)
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:26 am

I'm not asking for one of those at a coffee shop Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best Coffee ,................................ in The World   Today at 4:18 pm

Back to top Go down

The best Coffee ,................................ in The World
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: