12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Mint Julep, anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 3959
Join date : 2013-09-30

PostSubject: Mint Julep, anyone?   Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:49 pm

Cheers!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 1036
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 55

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:04 pm

Hahaha, your not the fig, your a mint julep Razz  
Cheers ( Tony, your to blame for my love affair with this )
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio


Posts : 1773
Join date : 2014-03-13
Age : 62

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:29 pm

Shit Ron, guilty of a lot of things, but rum is special. Me, I am pissed - I was drinking a bottle of Robert Oatley Shiraz, when I see on the news he died today. Damn!
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto


Posts : 315
Join date : 2014-01-02
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:26 am

Shit Mark...
Gin and tonic next?
I'm feeling like a real red neck now after buying a 30 pack of tooheys new cans!
Also consuming a good chunk of them after 4 , 12 hour shifts with 3 hours sleep.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 3959
Join date : 2013-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:45 am

Nah, mate. Just trying new and exciting ways to drink bourbon! Cool
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio


Posts : 287
Join date : 2015-02-27
Age : 70

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:40 pm

Jim Bean do a maple bourbon. It's like maple syrup with a kick. Good straight, and really good with a premium rich ice cream (eh, Bob). Expand your horizons.

Haven't tried it on pancakes yet, sloshed by breakfast is not a good look, & cuts into the riding.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio


Posts : 1773
Join date : 2014-03-13
Age : 62

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:17 pm

MalG wrote:
Jim Bean do a maple bourbon. It's like maple syrup with a kick. Good straight, and really good with a premium rich ice cream (eh, Bob). Expand your horizons.

Haven't tried it on pancakes yet, sloshed by breakfast is not a good look, & cuts into the riding.

Unless you are at a rally Mal? Or having pancakes for dinner...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 3959
Join date : 2013-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:27 pm

Pancakes for dinner? I approve of this.
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato


Posts : 1904
Join date : 2013-05-28
Age : 51

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Ah, Derby Days... I love a mint julep in the summertime. I make mine with the official bourbon on the Kentucky Derby, Woodford Reserve. A bit sweet as bourbons go, but perfect for a refreshing julep!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
http://www.grisoghetto.com
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto


Posts : 315
Join date : 2014-01-02
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:21 pm

Ok mark, il take back my reply as I didn't even know what the hell was in said drink.
So I'm guessing bourbon is in it I must try one.

Talking about spirits, my son is off to the Bundaberg rum factory tour tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 1036
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 55

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:32 pm

Thats just down the road from here Ralf, they do make some nice rums, but as always it's priced accordingly Sad
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto


Posts : 315
Join date : 2014-01-02
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:07 am

Excellent Ron, he's currently in Maryborough with his mate.
They've been on the road since the 27th December with a enclosed bike trailer with Ktm 530 and his mates crf 450 two surfboards and camping equipment . Riding, surfing, camping.
Spent 6 hours on Fraser Island with there bikes yesterday.

To be 25 again heh.
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto


Posts : 315
Join date : 2014-01-02
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:11 am

Almost sent him to Wayne's for one of his coffees.



Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo


Posts : 1692
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:19 am

Yeah! Tell him to take a number and stand in line. geek
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
Bill Hagan
Sfregiato
Sfregiato


Posts : 465
Join date : 2014-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:59 am

Steak wrote:
Ah, Derby Days...  I love a mint julep in the summertime.  I make mine with the official bourbon on the Kentucky Derby, Woodford Reserve.  A bit sweet as bourbons go, but perfect for a refreshing julep!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I grew up in Kentucky and love bourbon.  Though an unabashed provincial from Daviess, Nelson, and Hardin County poor dirt-farmer roots, I will try "bourbons" that are not from the Commonwealth ... unless from Tennessee; I will not even accept free wet stuff from Lynchburg or Tullahoma.  Wink

Anyway, Wood Reserve is quite fine, but as my pre-Kathi ex is from Versailles, I simply cannot (knowingly) drink it without unpleasant thoughts.  Too bad.

Actually, IMO, the present bourbon craze has its downside.  I don't mind -- but cannot afford to try -- all the myriad new choices, even those from, e.g., gasp, Iowa.  But the "flavored" ones leave me, as my grandfather used to say, thinking "That t'aint rat."  Rolling Eyes

I do mix bourbon, but only with ice.  If I want to flavor it, I'll just use different cubes.  Very Happy

Off to Atlanta ...

Bill
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio


Posts : 287
Join date : 2015-02-27
Age : 70

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:19 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
MalG wrote:
Jim Bean do a maple bourbon. It's like maple syrup with a kick. Good straight, and really good with a premium rich ice cream (eh, Bob). Expand your horizons.

Haven't tried it on pancakes yet, sloshed by breakfast is not a good look, & cuts into the riding.

Unless you are at a rally Mal? Or having pancakes for dinner...

Yes, of course unless at a rally. Bob & I can start on pancakes at 2am. I had better put that 8 inch griddle in a handy place.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio


Posts : 287
Join date : 2015-02-27
Age : 70

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:32 pm

Normally, I'm with you, Bill. Prefer my poisons straight; no adulteration. But that maple one is not really a bourbon, but maple syrup with a kick, Decent maple syrup is not readily available over here, but I've been seriously addicted ever since a visit to western Mass in spring back in the mid 80's. When you've had the best .......

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 3959
Join date : 2013-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:15 pm

MalG wrote:
Normally, I'm with you, Bill. Prefer my poisons straight; no adulteration. But that maple one is not really a bourbon, but maple syrup with a kick


Eww. I like my maple syrup unadulterated as well. I do often have my bourbon with a mixer, so I don't get giggly real quick. I often tend to be a quantity drinker. There are exceptions. JD single barrel and double barrel is consumed straight. I can't drink Jim Beam. Even Mila Kunis tempting me won't work.

Mr Bob gave me a very big bottle of Wild Turkey Honey for a GRiSO map, but my son is enjoying it. Thanks Bob.


Quote :
Decent maple syrup is not readily available over here, but I've been seriously addicted ever since a visit to western Mass in spring back in the mid 80's. When you've had the best .......



Where you lookin? Our local IGA has real Canadian syrup.
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
Tanabuso
Tanabuso


Posts : 89
Join date : 2015-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:12 am

Slight change of subject, but i decided to take stock of the reserves on the weekend. (In other words i was told to clear all the alcohol out of the pantry)
So now i am thinking of investing in a proper drinks cabinet.
Some bourbon in there, but a lot of Laphroaig.
Even went to the distillery last year and claimed my rent on my land they rent from me Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco


Posts : 119
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:10 pm

beetle wrote:
MalG wrote:
Normally, I'm with you, Bill. Prefer my poisons straight; no adulteration. But that maple one is not really a bourbon, but maple syrup with a kick


Eww. I like my maple syrup unadulterated as well. I do often have my bourbon with a mixer, so I don't get giggly real quick. I often tend to be a quantity drinker. There are exceptions. JD single barrel and double barrel is consumed straight. I can't drink Jim Beam. Even Mila Kunis tempting me won't work.

Mr Bob gave me a very big bottle of Wild Turkey Honey for a GRiSO map, but my son is enjoying it. Thanks Bob.


Quote :
Decent maple syrup is not readily available over here, but I've been seriously addicted ever since a visit to western Mass in spring back in the mid 80's. When you've had the best .......



Where you lookin? Our local IGA has real Canadian syrup.


I thought I would chime in here: my Bourbon drink of choice is Maker's Mark on the rocks with a splash. My Manhattans are gaining legend status though. We went through nearly a gallon of Bourbon at our holiday party this year.
As far as maple syrup is concerned, syrup from Western Mass can't be beat!
I may have a regional bias but, that Canadian stuff from the supermarket can't hold a candle to it.
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo


Posts : 1692
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:17 pm

POISON!

Was pouring myself a dark n stormy.
Bundy rum and ginger beer, except I had another bottle of similar coloured liquid in the fridge.
Just poured myself a long glass of rum and apple cider vinegar. Acid Bath
signed.
Mr. Magoo
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 1036
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 55

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:25 am

So Magoo, how was it ? Shocked
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo


Posts : 1692
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:42 am

Still trying to get the taste out of my mouth, but I've cured my reflux ........... not my flatulence.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato


Posts : 429
Join date : 2014-10-22
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:06 am

Ahh deary me. Bet ya that made say fuck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mint Julep, anyone?   Today at 11:51 am

Back to top Go down
 
Mint Julep, anyone?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: