12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Heading to the International Island Classic at Phillip Island

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mark111
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Heading to the International Island Classic at Phillip Island   Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:15 am

As above, heading down Friday Jan 22nd from Sydney with a coupe of others and have a spare bunk at a rented house on the Island for Saturday and Sunday night if any one is interested.

This is a great road race meeting with bikes of all types up to 1990 in various classes with some top class international and local riders.
The pom team includes Jeremy McWilliams, John McGuiness and a number of other brit Superbike and TT riders competing along with a bunch of local guns.
This meeting is excellent because it costs a fraction of the Superbikes and the MotoGP and you have free access to the pits and the top of the pit garages.
You can talk to any of the riders and pit crew if they are up for a chat and you are also literally only metres from the bikes so you can have a closeup look and the variety of machines is fantastic.
You can also bring your bike in to the spectator area and ride around the whole outside of the track to try different vantage points and you DON'T need a $500 ticket to get this level of access.
I highly recommend this event and if you haven't been you need to get along one year as the quality of the racing and the machines being raced is exceptional. The top level bikes which remember were originally built prior to 1990, are only marginally slower than current Superbikes and the competition especially between the Brits and Aussie team is pretty cutthroat.
Last year I reckon I saw nearly 200 Guzzis either on the track or in the spectator areas, the only time I've seen that many was at Mandello at a rally many years ago.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Heading to the International Island Classic at Phillip Island   Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:34 am

Its a great meeting!, i raced for the UK team back in 2005, we had a great time, enjoy it
Back to top Go down

Heading to the International Island Classic at Phillip Island
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: