GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.

Go down 
+10
joecbr
DungeonMaster
wardest
pauldaytona
Uzidzit
Pete Roper
TalkingGriso
Guzziboy66
Steak
Grisonut
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:31 pm

Thanks. I presume there's a tapped boss behind that punchout?

Anyone know if Stucchi dispatch the rack from stock if I order from their website, or is there a lead time delay?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:38 pm

It says its available on the site.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Vince C wrote:

What's involved in fitting this rack? Where do those sideways facing bolts locate to?

Yep, like Steak already mentioned in the rear cowling grill...
You'll see threads right behind the punch out and it's used for almost all racks really.
There isn't a whole lot of mount points on our beloved GRiSO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 16, 2014 11:18 am

Guzziboy66 wrote:
Vince C wrote:
Anyone know if a Givi Monokey top box base can be fitted to that Stucchi luigi Lugage Rack?

I'll let you know in a week or two.  I'm waiting for the rack.  I have the case.

Any update yet, Guzziboy?

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 17, 2014 5:24 pm

Excuse the crappy cell phone pics...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I must say, never having had a top case before...  It's damn convenient!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 18, 2014 2:41 am

Many thanks GB. That obviously fits OK.... I have a Givi top box on my Freewind and on my little C90 where they are very useful. Whether to compromise the looks of the GRiSO for the convenience of the Givi top box going on it is something I'll have to consider!
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:09 pm

For those looking for saddle bags look here

2012 GRiSO SE bags Ebay

Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:00 pm

"Sold"
Back to top Go down
joecbr
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
joecbr

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:28 pm

I'd love to put a fairing on my 2014. Do you know where I can get the fairing? It looks great.
Back to top Go down
AOAM
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
AOAM

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:41 am

Guzziboy66 wrote:
Excuse the crappy cell phone pics...

I must say, never having had a top case before...  It's damn convenient!

Hey Guzziboy -

I am very interested in this set up. Can you let me know if it was a straight up install? Any fabrication you needed to complete? Or items I'd like to look at when getting a top case? I don't yet have either but need something for storage and my wife (in terms of a backrest).

Any help is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
AOAM
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
AOAM

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:59 am

To narrow my question further...

What mounting bracket did you use for the Monokey system?

- Universal mount (E251)
- M3
- M35
- M5
- M7

If anyone else knows - please share!
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:06 pm

wow lot of money. I bought a new givi rack with two 21 liter(e21)Givi cases for a total of only 204 euro. It looks crap but who cares for once or twice a year. But this fits stelvio.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 pm

AOAM wrote:
To narrow my question further...

What mounting bracket did you use for the Monokey system?

- Universal mount (E251)
- M3
- M35
- M5
- M7

If anyone else knows - please share!

AOAM,

It's a universal mount on a Stucchi Luigi rack. It was all bolt on, no fabrication needed. If you go this route, then take your time and use blue loctite on EVERY bolt. I'm not near the bike now but I'll try to get the mount number when I can. Good luck.

Eric
Back to top Go down
AOAM
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
AOAM

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:06 pm

Guzziboy66 wrote:

AOAM,

It's a universal mount on a Stucchi Luigi rack.  It was all bolt on, no fabrication needed.  If you go this route, then take your time and use blue loctite on EVERY bolt.  I'm not near the bike now but I'll try to get the mount number when I can.  Good luck.

Eric

Thanks for the confirmation. If it is Givi universal adapter for the MonoKey system them I suspect it is the E251. If so, glad to hear that it is straightforward and that the pieces match. If you get a chance to verify that would be great. I went with a B33 case with backrest but will likely get something bigger as soon as I convince the wife to go on some longer runs.
Back to top Go down
AOAM
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
AOAM

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Well - I've got everything now save the Stucchi Luigi rack as it is on back order. Seems like much of the accessories I'm looking to get are on back order.

Is there a GRiSO resurgence underway?!
Back to top Go down
Earl of Portchester
Carlotto
Carlotto
Earl of Portchester

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:29 am

Well, seeing as it was while researching the Stucchi rack, I found GRiSO Ghetto, I thought I'd add to this post. As  you can see below,  I have a pair of Givi E350 cases and a Maxima top box. I have mounted these to the GRiSO by bolting a wingrack to the rack of my MG semi rigid panniers. Altough it looks a bit crap, this system has served us well for a couple of years.

While touring France last year with my son, one of the bolts holding the wingrack to the MG rack put a hole through my carbon fibre Mistral can!

It's about time I got something a little neater and I quite like the Stucchi system. I know that the rear rack will do the job, but does anyone know if Stucchi do the side rack for the Givi E350's?
Back to top Go down
martynez
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
martynez

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:21 am

Hi all,
Did somebody try to fit any kind of top case on the original MG luggage rack?
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:29 pm

Earl of Portchester wrote:
Well, seeing as it was while researching the Stucchi rack, I found GRiSO Ghetto, I thought I'd add to this post. As  you can see below,  I have a pair of Givi E350 cases and a Maxima top box. I have mounted these to the GRiSO by bolting a wingrack to the rack of my MG semi rigid panniers. Altough it looks a bit crap, this system has served us well for a couple of years.

While touring France last year with my son, one of the bolts holding the wingrack to the MG rack put a hole through my carbon fibre Mistral can!

THAT is your son?  Shocked Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
Earl of Portchester
Carlotto
Carlotto
Earl of Portchester

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:42 am

[/quote]

THAT is your son?  Shocked Wink

Bill[/quote]

No, that is my wife! Laughing
Back to top Go down
AOAM
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
AOAM

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:27 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
No pic with that one, its the one I purchased which means I'll now have three sets of their bags! I'd assumed I was just getting gouged on the rack and mounts in the time honoured Stucchi way....Very Happy

Pete

Pete, did you ever get the hard cases mounted? I've got the rack for the givi top case and am thinking about getting the side cases (is it V34 or V35). Any pics to share?

Adam
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:05 pm

I have a couple of pics, I'll post 'em up later. They won't work with some pipes.

Pete
Back to top Go down
AOAM
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
AOAM

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Thanks. I'd appreciate it. I've got the Mistral high pipe and am anxious to see how that works. Interested to hear your thoughts too on all counts
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:20 pm

Won't work with the Mistral.

This one of the reasons my kit is for sale.

Pete
Back to top Go down
AOAM
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
AOAM

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:45 pm

Many thanks,Pete. Bummer it won't work with the mistral.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.   Givi hard cases on a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Givi hard cases on a GRiSO.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2