12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Skippy road tests my next set of leathers,

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Skippy road tests my next set of leathers,   Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:45 pm

Try and get a cow to do this for you

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

ps. Skippy is the one without a bike.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
bahamazoo
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Skippy road tests my next set of leathers,   Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:43 pm

geez, my last roo incident included skippy crash tackling the rear of my bike (as I closed my eyes and twisted the hurry handle) at 0300 one lonely Friday... how you get 'er to lay down like that???
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Skippy road tests my next set of leathers,   Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:23 am

Twice I've had Skippy change her mind and try and do a 'U' turn mid flight, on a wet road.
The above photo is a classic example.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Skippy road tests my next set of leathers,   Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:49 am

Things that go jump in the night....I lived in Mudgee for 20 years. We bought a place out at Wollar which is 50 Ks NE of Mudgee and at that time and for the next 5 years had 17 Ks of really shitty dirt road. There were 2 hills ,one red clay and the other white clay . When we bought the place my daily transport was a 1956 G 80 Matchless. In a flash of inspiration I sold the Matchy and bought something robust enough to handle the "road". A 1981 T3. What a hoot. It rattled and roared up that road for 5 years and had no drama with the wildlife. They tarred the road eventually and in a fit of stupidity sold the T3 and bought a 92 Dedcat 900SS. Hoot,but 5 days later a wallaby smacked into me Broke a finger and the right hand front blinker. No drama. 5 days after that another wallaby tried tacklin the dadcat on the left side,he smashed the left fauring with his head,I bruused my left foot. No drama. We sold Wollar and moved in to town a fortnight later. Over the next 10 years I had 2 very close calls with roos. Cranked over in a corner at 140 or so is not the ideal time to make eye contact with skippy. That was scarier than smackin the wallabies.
Brian ,I reckon youll be mighty pleased with a GRiSO,especially if its a red one.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Skippy road tests my next set of leathers,   Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" border="0" alt="" />

down here is Tassie, if you piss off the local wildlife, they call out 'Big Red' who then deals with the offender...
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Skippy road tests my next set of leathers,   Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:36 pm

My stepfather had a coming together with a roo prior to Christmas riding through Hat Head National Park on the mid north coast of NSW. The results weren't great with him spending 7 weeks in hospital with extensive knee, hand, vertebrae and skill fractures plus massive soft skin injuries to his knees. He didn't wear his leather pants that day but wore Kevlar jeans. Not a good decision on his part and he still has a long recovery and the possibility that his 50 years of motorcycle riding could have now come to an end.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Skippy road tests my next set of leathers,   Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:37 am

Its always a bit of a crap shoot driving between dawn and dusk. Sorry to hear about your stepfather.
I have lost two good friends to roos, one of which only got onto a bike because of me...
and just two weeks ago, the holidaying brother in law totalled a rent a car on his way to the airport at 4am.
Down here in Tas, I never ride after sundown... its the landcruiser or Im staying over!
They are currently trialling a device that sits atop the road posts, is solar charged, then is activated by oncoming headlights and emits sonic pulses to 'discourage' the beasties. So far, on a stretch of road that is usually a nightly massacre, they have, apparently, had a 100% success rate.
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Skippy road tests my next set of leathers,   Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:02 am

I hope the trial of that device is successful. My stepfathers accident was just before 4 PM and in late November and sunset is around 7:45 PM that time in late spring. Roos aren't usually seen around the area/road at that time of day at that time of the year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skippy road tests my next set of leathers,   Today at 5:24 am

Back to top Go down

Skippy road tests my next set of leathers,
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: