12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 New GRiSO and New Member

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dilliw
Tanabuso
Tanabuso


Posts : 56
Join date : 2016-02-17

PostSubject: New GRiSO and New Member   Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:07 pm

Hello,

At the advice of Hagan (don't hold that against me) and based on a new to me 2011 Tenni SE I've joined the Ghetto .  I've only gotten a few rides in but so far so good.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 3976
Join date : 2013-09-30

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:20 pm

Welcome! No farting required in your case, as you've done the right thing and posted a pic with your first post.

ghetto
Back to top Go down
opc
Grignapoco
Grignapoco


Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:32 pm

Gawd, I love the Tenni.

Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
Conor W
Grignapoco
Grignapoco


Posts : 152
Join date : 2014-11-29

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:17 am

Excellent colour choice - Welcome !
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
Sfregiato
Sfregiato


Posts : 468
Join date : 2014-07-03

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:45 am



I deny categorically knowing this new member, and recommend that management consider ejecting him so that he not sully further our august company.   Very Happy

Seriously, welcome, George.  The GRiSO may be new to your stable, but you have a worthy Moto Guzzi pedigree, including, as I recall, an EV with the largest tank known to the marque.   Shocked  

Bill
Back to top Go down
MrBob
Grignapoco
Grignapoco


Posts : 145
Join date : 2013-06-12
Age : 62

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:00 am

[quote="opc"]Gawd, I love the Tenni.

Me three, welcome!!
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Tiradritto
Tiradritto


Posts : 326
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 70

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:33 am

One more time...Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
Tanabuso
Tanabuso


Posts : 56
Join date : 2016-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Thanks guys.  I bought this bike to play around on the country roads near the house while keeping the EVT for longer trips.  And even though I told Bill how much I enjoyed riding the bike naked, I did tart it up a little with some light touring farkles.  The bike came with the tail rack and bag, and it also had the C Bow mounts minus the bags.  I added those, the dead sheep, and the Deflector DX.  Good news is you can undress it in just seconds.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
Nibbio
Nibbio


Posts : 502
Join date : 2014-06-05

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:53 pm

Excellent choice of color!  Thumbs Up

Rollerised?
Back to top Go down
Belfastguzzi
Tanabuso
Tanabuso


Posts : 56
Join date : 2015-05-19

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:40 am

Dilliw wrote:
...I told Bill how much I enjoyed riding the bike naked....  Good news is you can undress in just seconds.

beetle wrote:
Welcome! ....you've done the right thing

Wowsie! I didn't realise.

Is this just a 'Bill Hagan and some of the chaps' thing, or are we all required to enter into the spirit?
It's cold over here, you know.


Back to top Go down
little750
Grignapoco
Grignapoco


Posts : 194
Join date : 2014-05-07
Age : 61

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:05 am

Not to keen on riding a bike naked, especially considering it is only 4C this morning.
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
Tanabuso
Tanabuso


Posts : 56
Join date : 2016-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:58 am

Naked bike or riding naked?  Now I'm confused Smile

In addition to her being naked she's a flatty too.  I've got a dealer appointment next week to see if we can get her upgrded to a Kit B Cup...

Nudity aside this will be an interesting case.  The bike was sold new by Rider's Hill (closed), I bought it from a BMW dealer, and didn't come with service records.  Another dealer is going to do the inspection and support the claim, but I don't know how it will be treated if the bike has no service history.  I'm hoping the issue is known enough that they won't hassle me but who knows. I already have my own picture at 8k miles:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Belfastguzzi
Tanabuso
Tanabuso


Posts : 56
Join date : 2015-05-19

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:02 am

It's about to go downhill fast. :-( I can link you to photos of mine if you want to see... that will soon be a gouged, concave cup and the steel debris will be in the oil. The other head is bound to be the same. My first tappets, which were different material, lasted 2,500 miles from new. The second set which are probably the same as yours, lasted around 7,000 / 7,500miles.

It's a good job you found it now! Smile
Back to top Go down
muzhik
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio


Posts : 58
Join date : 2015-05-05

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Dilliw wrote:
Naked bike or riding naked?  Now I'm confused Smile

In addition to her being naked she's a flatty too.  I've got a dealer appointment next week to see if we can get her upgrded to a Kit B Cup...

Nudity aside this will be an interesting case.  The bike was sold new by Rider's Hill (closed), I bought it from a BMW dealer, and didn't come with service records.  Another dealer is going to do the inspection and support the claim, but I don't know how it will be treated if the bike has no service history.  I'm hoping the issue is known enough that they won't hassle me but who knows. I already have my own picture at 8k miles:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Please do keep us informed on your success/failure regarding Piaggio supplying the parts pro-bono. I'll be in the market soon, and also can't resist the Tenni... so rollerization is most likely in my future.
Back to top Go down
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio


Posts : 890
Join date : 2013-05-29
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco


Posts : 172
Join date : 2015-01-14
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:49 am

Hello George;

enjoy your new bike and this forum.

Sven
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
Tanabuso
Tanabuso


Posts : 56
Join date : 2016-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:58 pm

muzhik wrote:


Please do keep us informed on your success/failure regarding Piaggio supplying the parts pro-bono.  I'll be in the market soon, and also can't resist the Tenni... so rollerization is most likely in my future.

Claim was accepted and parts are on coming from Italy. cheers

Back to top Go down
Dilliw
Tanabuso
Tanabuso


Posts : 56
Join date : 2016-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:58 pm

Dilliw wrote:
muzhik wrote:


Please do keep us informed on your success/failure regarding Piaggio supplying the parts pro-bono.  I'll be in the market soon, and also can't resist the Tenni... so rollerization is most likely in my future.

Claim was accepted and parts are on coming from Italy.  cheers


The boob job is complete and she is no longer a flattie Very Happy

Matthews Fun Machines in Matthews, NC performed the procedure for 4.5 hours labor and Piaggio provided the Kit B. It took about 4 weeks for the kit to come in from Italy. Another GRiSO saved! Now I just have to get out and ride Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   Today at 4:04 pm

Back to top Go down
 
New GRiSO and New Member
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: