12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Guided by the lore of Atlantans past...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Guided by the lore of Atlantans past...   Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:13 am

The girl had business in Atlanta last week, so I tagged along to explore a little since I hadn't been to Atlanta for several years.  Besides, it was 4 days and 3 nights on the taxpayers' dime at the Hyatt Regency Peachtree central!

On Friday before leaving town we stopped by one of Bill's old Moto haunts, the Vortex in Little Five Points.  Definitely a GRiSO ghetto kind of place!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A no nonsense bar and grill staffed by Rockabilly Pin-ups festooned with the modern accouterments...  No whiners allowed.  Official policies were refreshing...

The Vortex wrote:
If you’re a loyal patron, and ever have a problem with any aspect of your experience at The Vortex, please do us a big favor and speak with the manager-on-duty while you’re here. After all, we can’t resolve a problem we don’t know about. Being attentive to the concerns of our good customers helps us maintain a quality experience for everyone. On the other hand, going home and posting a whiny review on “I’m-a-big-fat-pussy-dot-com,” will not help us correct or improve anything, but it will clearly illustrate that you are indeed a big fat pussy.

We allow the smoking of cigarettes and e-cigarettes on our premises. If you decide to smoke either one, please only do so in our designated smoking area. Be advised, we do not allow the smoking of cigars, pipes, clove cigarettes or anything forbidden by our Statist overlords.

While we’re happy to welcome smokers and non-smokers alike, we will never tolerate crybabies. So if your personal preference is to avoid being around any amount of smoke, then this may not be the place for you. That’s okay. Don’t be mad. We’re not. There are many “smoke-free” establishments in town that will gladly welcome your business. We believe that freedom of choice should always be celebrated, as it’s a rare commodity these days.

More good reading here...

Delicious Bloody Mary to start, ordered a Classic Vortex Burger and a Reverse Cowgirl for m'self...  Since we weren't driving, had to follow that up with a "Skull Crusher" cocktail and a $2 mystery shot.  When in Rome eh?

Thumbs Up

Anyhow, it was a good visit to the NYC of the South, albeit super friggin' cold, with a deluge on arrival night seldom if ever seen in Seattle.

Spent most of the day on Thursday exploring the most excellent Georgia Aquarium.

Whale sharks,

Albino alligators,

and Sea Turtles were sights to see...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On Thursday night, enjoyed Happy Hour at a cool spot called the Cypress Street Pint and Plate followed by a delicious dinner at ECCO.  Great stuff!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
http://www.grisoghetto.com
Bill Hagan
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Guided by the lore of Atlantans past...   Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:24 pm

Yup.  That brings back memories.  

I lived one mile away in Inman Park.

We were told that years ago -- late '60's or so -- the place had been a Honda m/c dealer.  One old 5LP hand swore it was also a Guzzi dealer.  Dunno about that, but it added "atmosphere."

Too many stories to tell, but I'll try one quickly.

"So thar I wuz ..."

We were having our monthly Guzzi meeting late on one balmy Georgia evening.

Suddenly -- ZAP!!! -- the night turned into noonday sun.  All sorts of creatures, bipeds and others ran for cover.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!  affraid

One of our number who had to work that night was the cause of it all.  He was an Atlanta cop who flew one of its helos and decided to attend ... at 400 feet.   Lordy, those choppers have some bright lights.  

We are back in Atlanta every month for a week.  It's full of stupendous eateries, but I remain mighty fond of the Vortex.

Thanks for posting.

Bill
Back to top Go down

Guided by the lore of Atlantans past...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: