GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The most regrettable GRiSO

Go down 
+12
Diablo Loco
boxerscott
MrGPz
GNORTS
Charlie J
waterbottle
beetle
KevinEmpire
Pete Roper
ecs
LBC Tenni
muzhik
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:25 am

Worst thing I've done to GRiSO is put a Stucchi crash bars on. DON'T DO IT !!
Stopped at a T junction, somebody gently bopped my real wheel, down I went from stationary !!!.
Results: cracked crash bar, punctured RH head, scraped knee.
All for just dropping the f...g bike, never mind any at speed crash.
Third picture is the result of my on the road repair with a blodge of JB Weld and rough filing. Worked well if not pretty.
RH head since replaced, crash bars removed, spat at and trashed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:07 pm

beetle wrote:
Are you takin the piss?
Nope, ironic, things can only get better for me. There`s nowt wrong with my bike, but it is getting the upgrade done anyway on the strength of what I believe to be true posted on here, ... unless that is you guys that are takin the piss Wink

The anticipation is killing me. Can not wait to ride my new bike. Ferry is booked for our Iberian tour in October on it, hopefully the process will be complete by then. I will post photies of all internals and give you some crackin shots of Espania and my GRiSO.

Imagine tellin all your biker buddies you bought a bike that was flawed and you knew it to be..... they were thinking I was on something.

This is not a mainstream site and I could not resist buying a Buell either. Sad

WTF do you Aussies expect Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:30 pm

Good-o! Yes it's a shit that they are all destroying themselves but just doing the fix, especially if done early, is going to result in a bike that hopefully be bulletproof.

In a month or so Mark and I, along with anybody else who wants to tag along, are heading off to the Flinders Ranges. After that I may be continuing on to Perth in Western Australia. This isn't something I'd be doing on a bike I didn't trust as we'll be travelling through some real urine drinking territory!

The GRiSO is a unique motorbike. It's worth it for some of us to accept its failings to enjoy it's excellence in other areas!

Spain and Portugal should be fun. Last time I was there was back in '79-80! Time flies!

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:33 pm

boxerscott wrote:
WTF do you Aussies expect Wink

Pretty much what we're getting. Razz

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:36 pm

Omnis wrote:

Err... I think I just bought the last set available. Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:56 pm

I don't think they do much in the event of a crash and make the bike a pig to work on. Make it difficult to balance the TB's too.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:12 pm

I'll install them and bring it over for a service then. Razz

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:30 pm

beetle wrote:
Omnis wrote:

Err... I think I just bought the last set available.   Suspect
Beetle, are they like the ones Omnis pic' above ? Mine didn't come with the little brace at to front and cracked a couple of times before I did a Ron-Mod to them. I wouldn't be suprised if that bar wasn't already cracked at the bottom  Suspect  Before I discovered the getto and learned how to sync the throttle bodies, the crash bars would Vibe like a bitch, left one bad at around 100 kph, right at 120 kph
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:48 pm

They're the 'last' version with the bracing. I'm going 'Beetle-Mod' them before I install them.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:12 pm

Omnis, your crack looks a bit rusty for a fresh break Shocked
Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:23 pm

I have the late model crash bars. When balancing the TBs the bars have to worked around but are not a problem. I ordered 2 extra Unions (GU95963062) , these are the fittings that connect the vent hoses from the throttle bodies to the carbon canister. I remove the bolts and hook up the spare fittings that are connected to my balancer. That gets around the bars.
The bike I had before this was a top heavy Buell, events conspired to get me to drop the thing about 5 times while I owned it. Hence the crash bars. The GRiSO has its weight nice and low, in a year and a half I have never even come close to dropping it. I might just take em off one of these days..
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:14 am

waterbottle wrote:
Omnis, your crack looks a bit rusty for a fresh break Shocked

"Said the bishop to the actress".

Actually it wasn't rusty at all, could have been the light. The problem was that the standard bar is flimsy at the attachment points in the front, as well as being a too long to take a forceful impact with the weight of the beast on it.
If anybody had successfully modified it or any other model of crash bars I'd like to see it.
For now GRiSO is naked and loving it !!
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:02 am

MrGPz wrote:
Left the G.P.R Deeptone installed (came with the bike).
It is in the process of melting the left indicator.

My GPR had the same issue, so I complained and they sent me a turned down end piece, though I had made my own straight pipe extention clearing the turn indicator.
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:12 pm

[/quote][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Canyon Carver wrote:
MrGPz wrote:
Left the G.P.R Deeptone installed (came with the bike).
It is in the process of melting the left indicator.

My GPR had the same issue, so I complained and they sent me a turned down end piece, though I had made my own straight pipe extention clearing the turn indicator.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:17 pm

Same here with my GPR...I made my own connecting pipe to locate the can at the OEM spot. Have pics of it in the exhaust thread.
That way, I'm able to run my Givi hard bags.
But someone at GPR engineering needs to be fired!! Dumb asses!
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:32 pm

Grisonut wrote:
Same here with my GPR...I made my own connecting pipe to locate the can at the OEM spot. Have pics of it in the exhaust thread.
That way, I'm able to run my Givi hard bags.
But someone at GPR engineering needs to be fired!! Dumb asses!

Just checked out the exhaust thread, looks good
Do you have a "beetle" map for it? if so which one?
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:28 pm

I have the flat tappet Mistral (not high) map at the moment but I've been lazy and need to get the current roller map from Mark.

Still dealing with my December wreck as the Ins. Cie wanted to total the bike despite me telling them not to...have a rash on the top thin of the right jug and that totals the bike since they wrote for a new head with labor etc... told them I can leave with the imperfection before their appraisal and I was willing to contract the claim but they discarded my request and as a consequence, we have a problem...
I own the fucking bike, so I wanna have the last say in the matter.

Anyway as for the GPR can, I wish I thought about ordering the kit for a Norge...it would have had the right connecting pipe thus, have the proper routing...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most regrettable GRiSO   The most regrettable GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The most regrettable GRiSO
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2