GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Front headlight heart attack!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Front headlight heart attack! Empty
PostSubject: Front headlight heart attack!   Front headlight heart attack! Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:43 am

Hi, Just got back from spin today and the headlight glass is cracked so looked at cost of replacement on Stien-Dinse 291,81 €!!!!!!FFS for a complete unit. My GRiSO is of 2006 vintage and has an 850 engine. Are there any cheaper alternatives out there? I do like the appearance of the original unit but can't justify the spend.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Front headlight heart attack!   Front headlight heart attack! Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:59 am

Here's one on Fleabay:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Front headlight heart attack!   Front headlight heart attack! Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:35 am

While not as pretty you can replace the lamp with a generic H4 unit from Hella or similar for a fraction of the price. I had to do this on the first day of ownership of my 1100 when a truck dumped it's tailgate and spilt a load of soil and rocks all over me and my brand new bike! I was actually riding home from registering it's! That smarted! You need to use 'W' clips to retain it in the rim so you have no 'X' adjustment but I rode it this way for two years and never had problems at night.

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Front headlight heart attack!   Front headlight heart attack! Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:37 am

Thx, for the link. Is the headlamp the same on the 1100 as the 850 as it looks very similar to me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Front headlight heart attack!   Front headlight heart attack! Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:39 am

Thx Pete, Will look into that option tomorrow as it may be the cheapest. and quickest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Front headlight heart attack!   Front headlight heart attack! Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:12 am

Ok all this is what i did. I bought a cheap h4 insert (20€) and glued the backing of the old insert to the new so as to use the same adjusters. It took some filling and manipulation but it works.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front headlight heart attack!   Front headlight heart attack! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Front headlight heart attack!
Page 1 of 1