GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Power restriction (France legislation)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FrogGuzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
FrogGuzzi

Power restriction (France legislation) Empty
PostSubject: Power restriction (France legislation)   Power restriction (France legislation) Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:48 am

Hi Guys,
I own a 2008 8V bought in November 2015, running 98 octane, Termi can, an I have just finished all fluid overhaul and fork seal replacement.
Roller cams have been changed, and I have the stock map (for the moment) as Mark sent me his final super-duper map Very Happy
Following a conversation with the insurance company, they pointed out that this model was restricted to 106bhp according the french law.
My question is :
If I upload a new map to the ECU, will this cancel any restrictions, or could the restrictions be more of a mechanical type ?
Cheers.
Steve

Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Power restriction (France legislation)   Power restriction (France legislation) Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:36 pm

Salut mon Grand...

Mark's map will override what's in your ECU (stock or otherwise) so you'll get the full benefit of the new map. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: Power restriction (France legislation)   Power restriction (France legislation) Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:14 pm

They don't do more then 106 hp anyway, what do you expect?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Power restriction (France legislation)   Power restriction (France legislation) Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:18 pm

Why would you tell your insurance company you were changing the map?

Regardless, peak power is the same.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Power restriction (France legislation)   Power restriction (France legislation) Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:35 pm

Map aside...doesn't the specs say 110hp at the crank?
Back to top Go down
FrogGuzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
FrogGuzzi

PostSubject: Re: Power restriction (France legislation)   Power restriction (France legislation) Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:33 am

Hi,
as said previosly, the insurance company only pointed out the restriction, I had no intention of telling them of any possible mods, on top of that it's none of their business !
For them to point out that it was restricted, got me curious, and when I'm curious, I do research, ask around and understand, once information is understood, it's a lot easier to learn.
106bhp is bags full, and amply sufficient, but just asking how the restriction is implemented...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Power restriction (France legislation)   Power restriction (France legislation) Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:10 am

After you posted this, I did some checking. Hasn't this law been repealed to bring France into line with the rest of the EU as of January 1 2016? Or does that only apply to new bikes?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
FrogGuzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
FrogGuzzi

PostSubject: Re: Power restriction (France legislation)   Power restriction (France legislation) Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:23 am

Hi,
the 1st Jan 2016 date only applies to new bikes, the retro-fit de-restriction is still being discussed by the government, this could last years.
France inline with the rest of the EU... yeah, they have been at it for the past 25 years, one step forward, two steps back, and after the steps back, they all go on strike (which is by the way a national sport) Shocked
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Power restriction (France legislation)   Power restriction (France legislation) Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:01 am

And this is why I got the fukk out of this dumb ass Country...
When I was young, I used to demo against the annual tax (vignette) the government tried to impose on 2 wheel vehicles.
Went to Paris twice and we shut down the city...law didn't pass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power restriction (France legislation)   Power restriction (France legislation) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Power restriction (France legislation)
Page 1 of 1