GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

A couple of questions for U.S. riders

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

A couple of questions for U.S. riders Empty
PostSubject: A couple of questions for U.S. riders   A couple of questions for U.S. riders Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:19 am

Still trying to learn the G.

1. If my fuel light came on at 127mi and the reserve started counting about a mile later then about how far can I go on the reserve? When I got the bike it had been sitting and I want to get as much out of the tank as possible. Also would like to know where the
end is.

2. With stock sized tires aboutt how much off is the speedo at 70mph? I'm guessing about the same 5mph as our BMW car.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

PostSubject: Re: A couple of questions for U.S. riders   A couple of questions for U.S. riders Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:02 am

1. Reserve is about .5gal. At your economy of about 38mpg, that's about 19mi range.
2. I've noticed a 3-5% error in the speedo compared to my wife's GPS when she's pacing me. It has been hard to get a consistent error, so I normally assume less than the typical 5% European delta and go with the 3%. So at 70mph, that would be ~67.9mph.

Last edited by opc on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: A couple of questions for U.S. riders   A couple of questions for U.S. riders Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:36 am

opc wrote:
1. Reserve is about .5gal. At your economy of about 38mpg, that's about 19mi range.
2. I've noticed a 3-5% error in the speedo compared to my wife's GPS when she's pacing me. It has been hard to get a consistent error, so I normally assume less than the typical 5% European delta and go with the 3%. So at 70mph, that would be ~67.9mph.

Perfect thanks. So I am going too fast on 55mph roads!

Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: A couple of questions for U.S. riders   A couple of questions for U.S. riders Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Only going too fast if you are caught
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: A couple of questions for U.S. riders   A couple of questions for U.S. riders Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:34 am

GHTE wrote:
Only going too fast if you are caught

I've been caught twice within the last year. "I swear officer, I had no idea I was going that fast. It's just is so smooth, felt like 60. not 80mph." ;-{
Back to top Go down
not-fishing
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
not-fishing

PostSubject: Re: A couple of questions for U.S. riders   A couple of questions for U.S. riders Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:43 am

I made it 20 miles on my reserve before I had to push. My GRiSO 1100 averages about 42 mpg.
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: A couple of questions for U.S. riders   A couple of questions for U.S. riders Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:43 am

not-fishing wrote:
I made it 20 miles on my reserve before I had to push.  My GRiSO 1100 averages about 42 mpg.

I took it to 17.4 so I know I can do that!

Had another problem though. SC roads are in terrible shape and I hit a decent pothole at speed. Sunday morning the tire was totally flat. Pumped it up and soaped it only to find it was one of my spoke nipples leaking. My dial a friend suggesting backing it out then tightening it and luckily that did the trick. I've never paid much attention to my EV's pressures (the spokes go outside of the rims) but I think I will watch the GRiSO a little more closely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A couple of questions for U.S. riders   A couple of questions for U.S. riders Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A couple of questions for U.S. riders
Page 1 of 1