GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
+132
syspig
guzziownr
Bill Dee
GuzziSteve
iminspaaace
Buellbloke
drawnverybadly
TheMuffinMan
mikebr
LDD
knumbnutz
BobW981
Charles
SMTCapeCod
lcjohnny
Joeker80
alanlemansiv
Edown101-23
gertler
zeke81
Ulf
rick pope
Groovitz
Robinson_Spike
odder
Axael
Stubbie
Utesch
Ditchfinder
wrinkley
Griso Tom
Leone
PunkScout
WhiteGC
vee2win
saganIsMyHomeboy
melonman
kiwi dave
Paggers
hezovka
janguzzi
sideshowbob
Weißgerät
Sollep
jlburgess
BB43215
Nobleswood
beetle
MrGPz
RIKBRIANT
GuZeee
svru
davem
eeyore
Street
sidrat
paulbrice
oediehl
charliebigonions
EricS
2highlander
petarzil
DangWangi
wardentm
Brent S
Guzzi Cat
barton
Daves-i-Know
Lemppari
ultra
FreshEgg
Hacky
LBC Tenni
bradbusa
Papa Lazarou
boxerscott
keenerkeen07
Charlie J
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
MalG
tarsky68
jexmatex
supercoyote
Cantaloop
jomartijr
kmac33
roam
joshct
AOAM
Grade247
Chronic
JestersInc
Josh.C
rickmain
damoru
bikesnbones
ronbo10
Overholt13
Triman023
Caedmon
Midlifecrisis
enghira
austin_22
little750
bioman
grisorosso
J1anno
tocino
spozzy
Mr Griso
mark111
Birch
msestak
Canyon Carver
Ad B
swagzz
wardest
WCB
Guzziboy66
Phang
DungeonMaster
pauldaytona
Landman
Pete Roper
NorthBayGriso
wittangamo
Grisonut
Oca
Steak
Uzidzit
136 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Midlifecrisis
Carlotto
Carlotto
Midlifecrisis

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Yes, the mounting lugs for the heat shield are welded to the mid-pipe - and were almost in the right place! (I had to slightly file one of the holes in the heat shield).
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:08 pm

Midlifecrisis wrote:
I mean that the revs build moderately between 3,000 and 5,000/6,000 and then race to the red line. Does that make any sense?

Yes, kind of what I expected. Without the pretzel, low and mid response is a bit flat and there's a rush above 6000 such as I get with the the Arrow mid pipe.

Quote :
Basically still very nice to ride. I'm very pleased. I don't think it "needs" any change to the mapping. I might take a look at the plugs or do some analysis, but just out of interest.

Yes please. I'm particularly interested in the what the right cylinder is doing.

Looking at the pics, there's a little bit between the collector and the bung that looks interesting. Might be something going on there. Also, the outlets in the dB killers look smallish. There might be something fiendishly clever going on there too.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:17 pm

Looks killer!
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:06 pm

Very nice looking set of pipes for the GRiSO and am glad to hear she runs well without any tweaking!
Back to top Go down
Caedmon
Carlotto
Carlotto
Caedmon

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:53 pm

My GRiSO 1100 with Spark exhaust. Sounds spectacular in real life. This recording is pretty good if you're listening through some decent speakers.

The GRiSO is running really well on this muffler and just sounds marvelous when carving up the local twisties at pace Very Happy Loving it
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:40 pm

Thanks Caedmon. Do you have any links on where you can find this Spark exhaust? What are the specs? What does it cost?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Caedmon
Carlotto
Carlotto
Caedmon

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Cheap as chips. It cost me $645 NZD which is about half the price of any other Itlian muffler you can get here.
This is the Spark website
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And this is the spiel from the company who imported it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"If you don't know who Spark is yet, it's not surprising as a lot of their products are supplied unbranded as original equipment fitment for many top automotive brands. Spark are a manufacturing partner for Aprilia, BMW, Ducati, Lamborghini, and AMG amongst others. The quality of craftsmanship and welding on these is insane.

These silencers are a universal slip-on style.

It's hard to describe sound of course, but the Spark Classic GP style slip-ons produce that much lusted after sound often described as the sound of ripping calico by aficionados."
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:53 pm

Sounds horribly loud to me but of course it's hard to tell from a YouTube vid.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Caedmon
Carlotto
Carlotto
Caedmon

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:00 pm

Using an iphone app it idles at 97 decibels without the db killer. The legal limit here is 100db at idle. Funny thing is that when you're up and running the sound smoothes and quietens to a petrol head pleasing roar. I've never had the db killer fitted up.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:26 pm

They are based in Mantua, I learned from Google.  And that appears to be only 2 hours driving from Mandello del Lario.  So why is Moto Guzzi not on their brand list? Rolling Eyes

Then again: universal is universal - one size fits all, I guess.

(Update: I found that this Dutch dealer: link has a huge Spark selection - and ships worldwide.  Above mentioned Universal GP style muffler + conical adaptor for EUR 224 [+ shipping].  Not bad.)

Last edited by bioman on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am

I take it that the universal muffler won't fit a 1200?
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:02 am

If it fits a 1100 it will fit a 1200. Same frame, same mounting points...
Back to top Go down
Caedmon
Carlotto
Carlotto
Caedmon

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:17 am

It comes with a conical adaptor. 40mm to 60mm. cut and weld, then slip on the muffler. It took my local welder guy 5 min and $10 to do the weld for me. I cut the adaptor to size.
Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:41 pm

Pardon my dulwittedness, a touch of the flu here. It sounds like the header would have to be welded on to make this fit. Is it possible to weld the adapter to the muffler instead? Might want to go back to the old can sometime.
Back to top Go down
Caedmon
Carlotto
Carlotto
Caedmon

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:33 pm

This is the weld.

I have no idea why anyone would want to return to the original can. Not me anyway.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:40 pm

If it runs like a three legged goat with a broom up the chuff, you might be tempted to change it.

97dB? Rolling Eyes

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Caedmon
Carlotto
Carlotto
Caedmon

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:52 pm

Lol Smile she runs sweet. I've always liked raucous twins. I've had the yamaha TRX850, suzuki SV1000s and now the G1100. All as loud as can be. It just suits my obnoxious nature.

Note to the faint of heart or delicate hearing ... Don't fit a Spark pipe.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:08 pm

Ok - well, if this is going to be comprehensive

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

no frame sliders needed with this kit mounted
Back to top Go down
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:25 pm

spozzy wrote:
It seems like most after market exhausts have been explored in this thread, however I'm interested to know in anyone has modified the stock unit ??
And if so, what sort of results they have experienced???

I really want some of that missing Guzzi 'hoodlum', rather than the very muted and 'respectable citizen' we have at present.

All musings gratefully received.

Spozzy

I am with Spozzy on this idea, had the muffler off and wondered if knocking the cat out of it and drilling a couple holes might be just what the doctor ordered

I slipped a shortened carbon canister on the bike 2 nights ago after I got back from a ride and it sounded wonderful although
I am sure I will be buying a aftermarket pipe and getting the cables for the lap top to bug you guys and do a re map anyway,LMAO, just curious if anybody went hacking up the stock one and the end result, sound, running etc
Back to top Go down
ronbo10
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ronbo10

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:19 am

Here's another youtube video of the Ipothysis Aria exhaust that I haven't seen posted here yet. Found it on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sounds quite nice, though the popping on overrun says the fueling isn't quite there yet.

Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:44 am

THAT sounds good.
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:42 am

I totally get people wanting to replace stock silencers with sleek after market items, but what I cannot understand this, louder is best mentality.
I think the only people being impressed by this are the people riding the bikes, who are probably thinking, as they turn heads. Cor, I just look so cool, whereas in fact what people are thinking is, why doesn't that geriatric knobber fucking grow up and get a life.
Also, some bikes suit a more open pipe, just for a slightly more fruity sound without being obnoxious.
However an awful lot don't, and the worst for me are 2 strokes, and any BMW twin, which always to me, sound  like a VW Beetle with a knackered exhaust.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:53 am

Amen! scratch

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:36 am

Steak wrote:
Amen!   scratch

That was frickin brilliant.
So true, although to be fair, I do think Harley riders get a bit of a raw deal here, as they most certainly do not have the monopoly on this.
Around my way, the mincing, multi coloured leather romper suit wearing rice rocket riders are worse.
I saw something funny in a dealers once.
A guy was choosing a leather suit of armour, and took it over to the new bike he'd just bought which was sitting in the showroom, held it next to it, and asked his Wife's opinion as to weather it matched or not.
It's so sad that bikes have become the road going equivalent of jet ski's.
Fruity exhaust are sexy.
Loud exhausts are gay.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:24 pm

all you have to do is change a little bit of that cartoon style and then it is talking about me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 7 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next