12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 New Member

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Red Dog
Carlotto
Carlotto


Posts : 44
Join date : 2016-05-21
Age : 64

PostSubject: New Member   Sat May 21, 2016 7:36 am

Hey to all! Been on Guzzi's since 1970 but did not get into the "new" stuff until 2013 (bought a 2011 Black Eagle) & just recently bought a 2013 GRiSO.

All I can say about the GRiSO is I have no idea why I have not owned one before this as this is the bike I have been looking for.
What a great machine it is I am totally stoked on this bike. Whenever I ride the GRiSO I keep thinking about my old 850T and how I wanted it to be this bike. Well I got it now & I'm glad I got a 2013 with the roller's from the factory.

Any way I live in North Central Florida & if there is anybody in or around that area that wants to go play then PM me.

Funny: When I went to get the title & tag the lady at DMV asked how to say "Guzzi" then she looked at me & said that there was only one other registered in Florida! She must have meant GRiSO's because I have two more Guzzi's at home.

Glad to be here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.OtterTrout.com
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco


Posts : 172
Join date : 2015-01-14
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: New Member   Sat May 21, 2016 9:20 am

Hello;

and welcome to the ghetto.

Sven
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
Tanabuso
Tanabuso


Posts : 95
Join date : 2016-05-14

PostSubject: Re: New Member   Sat May 21, 2016 11:02 am

Welcome from another new member. I had the same feeling "THIS" is exactly what I have been looking for. The GRiSO is my first Guzzi period, have been a Yamaha Man for years, and a few BMW's/Triumphs/Kawasaki's over the years.

My favorite motorcycle of all time is my 1979 Yamaha XS1100 (owned since 84). This GRiSO has the same effect on me, but is a modern bike with modern braking and handling whereas the XS1100 is as a motorcycle rag in the 70's said "King Kong in a Tux" THe XS11 is in storage in VA, looking forward to getting the bikes together and riding back to back.
Back to top Go down
Red Dog
Carlotto
Carlotto


Posts : 44
Join date : 2016-05-21
Age : 64

PostSubject: Re: New Member   Sat May 21, 2016 11:25 am

Bulldog9 wrote:
Welcome from another new member. I had the same feeling "THIS" is exactly what I have been looking for.  The GRiSO is my first Guzzi period, have been a Yamaha Man for years, and a few BMW's/Triumphs/Kawasaki's over the years.

My favorite motorcycle of all time is my 1979 Yamaha XS1100 (owned since 84). This GRiSO has the same effect on me, but is a modern bike with modern braking and handling whereas the XS1100 is as a motorcycle rag in the 70's said "King Kong in a Tux"  THe XS11 is in storage in VA, looking forward to getting the bikes together and riding back to back.

Welcome to the best addiction: GUZZI

Riding different bikes back to back is a blast! I like starting out on the 89 Mille then switch it to the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.OtterTrout.com
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 1015
Join date : 2014-01-02

PostSubject: Re: New Member   Sat May 21, 2016 2:33 pm

Red Dog wrote:


Funny: When I went to get the title & tag the lady at DMV asked how to say "Guzzi" then she looked at me & said that there was only one other registered in Florida!  She must have meant GRiSO's because I have two more Guzzi's at home.

Glad to be here.

That lady must not know her butthole from a whole in the ground... Rolling Eyes
I own a 07 and 13 so that's two more Grisos registered in FL right there.
There are a couple of members from FL on these boards as well so more Grisos...

Anyway, welcome to the nut house. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato


Posts : 457
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 66

PostSubject: Re: New Member   Sat May 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Bulldog9 wrote:
Welcome from another new member. I had the same feeling "THIS" is exactly what I have been looking for.  The GRiSO is my first Guzzi period, have been a Yamaha Man for years, and a few BMW's/Triumphs/Kawasaki's over the years.

My favorite motorcycle of all time is my 1979 Yamaha XS1100 (owned since 84). This GRiSO has the same effect on me, but is a modern bike with modern braking and handling whereas the XS1100 is as a motorcycle rag in the 70's said "King Kong in a Tux"  THe XS11 is in storage in VA, looking forward to getting the bikes together and riding back to back.

Welcome, I had a 1980 XS1100 Special and that was one powerful motor! I did sell it and bought a Yamaha FZ1, another powerhouse. Now that I've mellowed, the GRiSO fills the need for speed just fine.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo


Posts : 1692
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: New Member   Sun May 22, 2016 12:04 am

Welcome Red Dog (any relation to the movie?).
Bought an XS1100 for my 21st (1978), great wheelstander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
Red Dog
Carlotto
Carlotto


Posts : 44
Join date : 2016-05-21
Age : 64

PostSubject: Re: New Member   Wed May 25, 2016 3:27 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Welcome Red Dog (any relation to the movie?).
Bought an XS1100 for my 21st (1978), great wheelstander.

No Red Dog was actually an old 850T I bought as a "no runner". She was resting in the back of a storage shed of some guy having a yard sale.
I asked him about the bike & he said: "That old dog can't nobody make it run she just plain won't hunt no more".

Bought it for $800.00 & trailered it home. Somebody had lost the springs off the chokes & the slides were sticky. Had it running in no time & rode the piss out of it for a lot of years. She had been spray can painted a maroon color & for awhile I called her maroon dog & then it became moon dog & people started calling me Red Dog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.OtterTrout.com
wardentm
Nibbio
Nibbio


Posts : 516
Join date : 2015-05-16
Age : 64

PostSubject: Re: New Member   Wed May 25, 2016 3:48 pm

G'day RD
Welcome to GRiSO world from us all down under in Tasmania.
Stay safe
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo


Posts : 1692
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: New Member   Wed May 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Red Dog wrote:
ghezzi wrote:
Welcome Red Dog (any relation to the movie?).
Bought an XS1100 for my 21st (1978), great wheelstander.

No Red Dog was actually an old 850T I bought as a "no runner".  She was resting in the back of a storage shed of some guy having a yard sale.
I asked him about the bike & he said: "That old dog can't nobody make it run she just plain won't hunt no more".

Bought it for $800.00 & trailered it home.  Somebody had lost the springs off the chokes & the slides were sticky.  Had it running in no time & rode the piss out of it for a lot of years. She had been spray can painted a maroon color & for awhile I called her maroon dog & then it became moon dog & people started calling me Red Dog.

See, just like the movie. Red Dog (Kelpie) was owned by nobody, known by everybody, bludged a ride with anybody. Then some bloke turns up on a Honda Four and they become best mates.
Red Dog is still the communal dog but he now owns someone. Bloke crashes his bike and dies. Red Dog goes walkabout half of Western Australia looking for his mate before returning home to die.

Think it might even be a true story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
NorthernProducer
Tiradritto
Tiradritto


Posts : 326
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 70

PostSubject: Re: New Member   Thu May 26, 2016 5:00 am

Welcome and enjoy that GRiSO!
Back to top Go down
Red Dog
Carlotto
Carlotto


Posts : 44
Join date : 2016-05-21
Age : 64

PostSubject: Re: New Member   Thu May 26, 2016 6:13 am

Grisonut wrote:
Red Dog wrote:


Funny: When I went to get the title & tag the lady at DMV asked how to say "Guzzi" then she looked at me & said that there was only one other registered in Florida!  She must have meant GRiSO's because I have two more Guzzi's at home.

Glad to be here.

That lady must not know her butthole from a whole in the ground... Rolling Eyes
I own a 07 and 13 so that's two more Grisos registered in FL right there.
There are a couple of members from FL on these boards as well so more Grisos...

Anyway, welcome to the nut house. Twisted Evil

I think she may have looked specifically at the year & model: 2013 GRiSO
Back to top Go down
http://www.OtterTrout.com
Red Dog
Carlotto
Carlotto


Posts : 44
Join date : 2016-05-21
Age : 64

PostSubject: Re: New Member   Thu May 26, 2016 6:21 am

ghezzi wrote:
Red Dog wrote:
ghezzi wrote:
Welcome Red Dog (any relation to the movie?).
Bought an XS1100 for my 21st (1978), great wheelstander.

No Red Dog was actually an old 850T I bought as a "no runner".  She was resting in the back of a storage shed of some guy having a yard sale.
I asked him about the bike & he said: "That old dog can't nobody make it run she just plain won't hunt no more".

Bought it for $800.00 & trailered it home.  Somebody had lost the springs off the chokes & the slides were sticky.  Had it running in no time & rode the piss out of it for a lot of years. She had been spray can painted a maroon color & for awhile I called her maroon dog & then it became moon dog & people started calling me Red Dog.

See, just like the movie. Red Dog (Kelpie) was owned by nobody, known by everybody, bludged a ride with anybody. Then some bloke turns up on a Honda Four and they become best mates.
Red Dog is still the communal dog but he now owns someone. Bloke crashes his bike and dies. Red Dog goes walkabout half of Western Australia looking for his mate before returning home to die.

Think it might even be a true story.

Now I have to find that movie! I have never heard of it until now. Thank You!
Out of all the bikes I have owned Red Dog is the only one I really want back. I had more fun adventures on her & she never once let me down.
Guzzi's always draw people to them but Red Dog was that Ugly Beauty that always put a smile on people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.OtterTrout.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New Member   Today at 5:52 pm

Back to top Go down
 
New Member
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: