12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Red Wine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Hacky
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:43 am

Nice drop but you pay for it too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:21 pm

Hacky wrote:

Cost me less than £8.
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:14 pm

Papa Lazarou wrote:
Hacky wrote:

Cost me less than £8.

WTF! The wife paid $40 AUD (£23) at Dan Murphys yesterday. Not sure what annoys me more, the wife paying that or paying over three times more in Australia for this local drop.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:11 pm

Hacky wrote:
Papa Lazarou wrote:
Hacky wrote:

Cost me less than £8.

WTF! The wife paid $40 AUD (£23) at Dan Murphys yesterday. Not sure what annoys me more, the wife paying that or paying over three times more in Australia for this local drop.

The Beetles wrote a song about the Prick that makes our alcohol cost so much..... The Tax Man, Yeah the fucking Taaaaaax Man Laughing
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:19 pm

19 crimes. Collect them all. 4 down, 15 to go. Ghetto cred for anyone who can explain why pretending to be Egyptian would get one "sentenced to transportation".
The blend is particularly delicious. A California wine of this quality costs 4x as much, here in California.  scratch

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:33 pm

Ah a work in progress - awesome...
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:59 pm

LBC Tenni wrote:
19 crimes. Collect them all. 4 down, 15 to go. Ghetto cred for anyone who can explain why pretending to be Egyptian would get one "sentenced to transportation".

Something to do with Gypsies?
Back to top Go down
GUZ21
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:01 am

LBC Tenni wrote:
Ghetto cred for anyone who can explain why pretending to be Egyptian would get one "sentenced to transportation".

Egyptians were the first "Wogs." All the rest are pretenders.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:01 am

Chain Of Fire Cabernet Shiraz. Boring. Although it got less boring by the third glass.  drunken

cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:48 am

Those 2013/14 Pepperjacks are getting pricey, even at Murphy's. Not surprising, they are a very nice wine that is improving and will continue to do so for another few years.

Sandpiper Shiraz is good at the moment, as is Hartland cab Sav from Langhorne creek.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:45 pm

pissheads!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:16 pm

Jealous!

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:49 pm

U bet
Back to top Go down
Peaceman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:45 pm

I brought these back to Terrace from Carmel. Actually decent wines.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

19 Crimes is in a store here...never tried it but now Inthink I should. Will report back on the price here as well. There is a decent selection of Australian Wines at the stores here.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:14 pm

I've been underwhelmed by the 19 Crimes series but that may just be a matter of taste. Jude and I are both fans of BIG Cab Savs, and Shiraz's, we found the 'Crimes' a bit weedy but we probably don't have the 'Subtle Pallet' of some!

At the moment, as I said, I really like the Pepperjacks. Problem is lots of other people do to so the price is going up Sad .

I'm also a big fan of Grenache and Grenache blends which probably makes me weird as they tend to be quite dry, (Like my miserable, wizened heart! Smile. )

Pete
Back to top Go down
Peaceman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:31 pm

hmmm have not tried a Pepperjack, I will have to look for it and give it a go if I can find it. I am no expert but I like to try something new all the time. Lately been trying a few Malbecs from Argentina.
Good thing its a long weekend coming up I have some drinking to do
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:10 am

Trader Joe's here currently has the 2013 Pepperjack Shiraz for $18. I agree it is really an excellent wine. But at that price it's not quite the bargain that some of the other Australian & Chilean wines are here. I have never had a bad Chilean Malbec, but some of the Argentine ones are just awful. Of course the Argentine ones are much easier to find. If you see Chilean Malbec for a good price, grab it because it won't last and it's probably very good. Some of the Chilean Cabs are really outstanding values too. Argentina is such a mixed bag, very inconsistent and price seems to have little to do with it. drunken
Back to top Go down
wyno
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:56 am

Pete, you should try the Turkey Flat Grenache. It's a nice drop. Also the Morris Bros Durif.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:16 am

It's very efficient to favour the Grenache - the alcohol content is usually higher - but I'm having make do with a cheap 2013 Coonawarra cab sav here in Pussycat Flat, NT. It's been travelling well too.
Back to top Go down
Ekimyrf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:01 pm

You guys are making me homesick, I lived for 25 years close to the Barossa Valley, with great cellar doors within easy reach. I now live in North Wales where they wouldn't know a Shiraz from a Ribena. what is it with this Prosecco shit all the girls drink here its bilge water !!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:38 pm

Prosecco = LO

Back to top Go down
GUZ21
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:58 am

Ekimyrf wrote:
You guys are making me homesick, I lived for 25 years close to the Barossa Valley, with great cellar doors within easy reach.  I now live in North Wales where they wouldn't know a Shiraz from a Ribena.  what is it with this Prosecco shit all the girls drink here its bilge water !!

I pity you, mate. I was forced to drink Prosecco recently. I think its the same as the stuff that old folk put in the jar with their false teeth in overnight.

I have recently returned from the UK, and was appalled by the rubbish wine available, and good luck to the winemakers who sell the rubbish that Poms buy. The Aussies certainly know where to send the rotgut they couldn't sell here. All with silly names, like Drovers Armpit, or Cesspit Gully. Have you tried Hardy's Crust? You'll know what I mean.

The good thing is that wine is available everywhere within walking distance, which saves a long walk where you might fall over. Where we stayed, there was a Maison Tesco, and we worked our way through the shelves, starting at the Maison Tesco "Australian Red" at 3 quid 50. Nothing short of revolting. There was nothing less than 7 quid that couldn't be used as weedkiller.

By the time we'd reached the 10 quid mark, things evened out a bit. The Froggy Vin Ordinaire can be just palatable if breathed or decanted.

Typical Chateau Tescan fare. Best served with fish and chips, or black pudding.

Luckily we dined at a pub one night that had Stump Jump on its list, and at 40 quid a bottle, we didn't care. Oh bliss. We had forgotten what good wine tasted like.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:10 am

Duck Duck Goose Shiraz. 2014. I was looking for a 2012, but not to be found locally. The 2014 is a bit young and quite raw. Needs quite a bit of airing. Goes well with a ham & mustard sanger.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:50 am

Emmuch? Might be worth buying a few and cellaring 'em. I'm seriously considering that with the Pepperjacks. I think in two years it will be fantastic!

Gotta go on the hunt for a couple of nice bottles tomorrow. We had mates over a couple of days ago and all of a sudden three nice bottles vanished! Thieving bastards!

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:40 am

$13

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Wine    Today at 5:27 am

Back to top Go down

Red Wine