GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Handlebars

Go down 
+7
mark111
Charlie J
Lemppari
sidrat
Birch
maniackb
JTB
11 posters
AuthorMessage
JTB
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
JTB

Handlebars  Empty
PostSubject: Handlebars    Handlebars  Icon_minitime1Thu May 26, 2016 9:10 am

Next on my list of things to sort are my rather rusty handlebars, i guess this is common or could it be that as i am going through the GRiSO im beginning to think it hasn't been very well loved and cherished? i should really track down the former owners and give them a good tut and wag of the finger. I have googled the hell out of this subject and decided to order some Renthal Fatbar in Black and some bar end mirrors, Lot's of measuring and pretending im holding the new bars where i think they might be when fitted has given me a few sleepless nights Wink hopefully this wont be a massive disaster. i will post the results..
Back to top Go down
maniackb
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
maniackb

Handlebars  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars    Handlebars  Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:06 pm

I just installed some renthal low bars on my GRiSO - there is less sweep which makes you feel like your arms/hands are wider but its not by much, and you lean forward a little more due to being approx 1 inch lower. I quite like it.. you can play with the setup by rotating in the clamps so easy to get it feeling good...
Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

Handlebars  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars    Handlebars  Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:48 am

I have some Rizomas which lowered me a bit.

I have ape arms and a long torso. I have been kicking around trying clubman's or clip ons.

Anyone have luck with those?
Back to top Go down
http://jasonedwardphoto.com
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Handlebars  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars    Handlebars  Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:03 am

Birch wrote:
I have some Rizomas which lowered me a bit.

I have ape arms and a long torso. I have been kicking around trying clubman's or clip ons.

Anyone have luck with those?

Not sure about clip ons, but i would be interested to hear if you have any success with lower bars.
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

Handlebars  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars    Handlebars  Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:30 am

Is there a lug in the handlebar switchgear that prevents them from rotatingg? I'd like to just that in order to be able to rotate the brake and clutch levers down. At present the levers hit the switchgear when rotated down.
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

Handlebars  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars    Handlebars  Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:51 am

Yes there is a dowel in the swithblocks. I dont know if this acts as an earth.
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

Handlebars  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars    Handlebars  Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:17 am

Not for earthing it is just to locate the switch housings.
It can be pulled out of the switch housing with pliers and you just wrap some tape around the bars when relocating the switches and they tighten up firmly.
I have Rizoma bars that are lower and narrower but I am a shortarse.
You need to drill and tap a thread in the end of the bars to mount the stock bar ends.
Back to top Go down
JTB
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
JTB

Handlebars  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars    Handlebars  Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:37 am

Sorry for the huge delay in reporting how the new bar fitting went, family/work issues getting in the way as usual Very Happy  All done and really happy how it went. They are really comfortable about the same height and only about 20mm more sweep back. They are 800mm wide so only 10mm per side narrower which with the bar end mirrors fitted are about the same. The thing i noticed the most was the lack of pins and needles in my hands until about an hour of constant riding. This is the real bonus on top of everything as i used to suffer this after 15 mins before the change.. instillation was a bit of tape , a punch and a 4mm and a 5mm drill bit.. allen keys and a screw driver.href="https://s87.photobucket.com/user/griso69/media/20160604_155203_zpsk0ynruxq.jpg.html" target="_blank">[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url][url=[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/url]
Back to top Go down
JTB
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
JTB

Handlebars  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars    Handlebars  Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:43 am

Update.. i also used harmony hairspray to get the grips on and off with ease.. coz im worth it.
Back to top Go down
richpardo
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
richpardo

Handlebars  Empty
PostSubject: Aprilia Mana handlebar pictures   Handlebars  Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi,

I'm considering new handlebars for my 2007 GRiSO and I've heard about the Aprilia Mana bars being good for more pulback and higher.

I've already got risers on the factory bars and if I use the Mana bars will I need new cables or to loose the risers?

Does anyone have pictures of their GRiSO with the Mana bars?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

Handlebars  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars    Handlebars  Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:40 pm

JTB wrote: "The thing i noticed the most was the lack of pins and needles in my hands until about an hour of constant riding"

Foam grips solved that completely for me.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Handlebars  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars    Handlebars  Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:51 pm

I didn't think rusty handlebars was common (mine are fine) - maybe you had steel 'pins & needles' ?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Handlebars  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars    Handlebars  Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:16 pm

richpardo wrote:

I've already got risers on the factory bars and if I use the Mana bars will I need new cables or to loose the risers?

It depends on the risers. I had 6mm risers when I had Mana bars. You might be able to go a little bit more, maybe 10mm, but the brake lines are the limiting factor. You can get a bit more out of the switch block & throttle cables, but the brake lines are the problem.

Quote :

Does anyone have pictures of their GRiSO with the Mana bars?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

Handlebars  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars    Handlebars  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Handlebars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-