12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sidrat
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   Thu May 26, 2016 11:21 am

as the title says, i will take it apart, if i can and see if it is repairable, but i think a new one is in order, am i right in assuming you can buy one without having to buy the whole left hand switch assembly?
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   Thu May 26, 2016 1:48 pm

Nope;

when you couldn´t find a used switch assembly, you would have to buy a complete new one for about 240 Euro. I have had the same problem last year.

Sven
Back to top Go down
sidrat
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   Thu May 26, 2016 2:19 pm

bugger, i better start saving my pennies!!
Back to top Go down
bioman
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   Thu May 26, 2016 3:21 pm

You could send an email to these guys: Reboot Guzzispares, and see what they have laying around.
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   Thu May 26, 2016 3:49 pm

Two options. Replace with complete switchblock or carefully pull the menu scroll button apart once you take it off the switchblock. You will then have to unsolder the wires. I did this and took the switch to an electronics shop. The replacement cost $1. If you want I can try to get a part number or I could send you one. Cheers
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   Thu May 26, 2016 10:22 pm

The menue scroll button can easily changed. There is only one screw at the complete switchblock. The problem is to get one - Guzzi didn´t sell this item solo. When Charlie could open up a new resource would this be great.

Sven
Back to top Go down
sidrat
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   Fri May 27, 2016 1:00 am

Charlie J wrote:
Two options. Replace with complete switchblock or carefully pull the menu scroll button apart once you take it off the switchblock. You will then have to unsolder the wires. I did this and took the switch to an electronics shop. The replacement cost $1. If you want I can try to get a part number or I could send you one. Cheers

I will see if i can take it apart and take a looksee, if it comes apart easy enough, i will take you up on your kind offer of sending me one, cheers
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   Sun May 29, 2016 4:55 pm

Sidrat, the part comes from a JAYCAR catalogue. They supply parts to electronics/computer shops. The micro momentary switch has a part number SP0603. The description is as follows. Switch PCB TACT SPST N/O 6X6XA6M SP0603. If you have no joy tracking one down pm me your address. I had to add a spacer to the button, I used a bit of walnut timber. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   Tue May 31, 2016 8:54 am

Charlie

I found the part on the Jaycar website, they have a uk one too, the price was good at 33 pence each, i was going to order 3 just in case, until they wanted £20 for postage!
Back to top Go down
sidrat
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   Tue May 31, 2016 9:05 am

so ebay here i come
Back to top Go down
sidrat
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   Tue May 31, 2016 12:50 pm

ok, so all taken apart and now waiting for the replacement switch, next problem is the rubber cover is buggered, probably what caused the problem in the first place, any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   Tue May 31, 2016 3:20 pm

Lots of switches have as options, waterproof covers. Try Element14 or RS Components in the UK. I have purchased from them in copious amounts in the past (probably purchased close to $1M over the last 7 years from them - they both have good stocks)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   Today at 8:38 pm

Back to top Go down

The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: