12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Beyond awful!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Beyond awful!   Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:05 pm

Just threw up all down the front of my shirt - My GOD! what have they been smoking
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:27 pm

Roper, why do you post such things here, you know I'm gonna choke on my corn cob pipe and then my suspenders will snap!

Last edited by ghezzi on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:52 am

What. The. Fuck.

Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:09 am

well, i think beyond awful is an understatement....
I think the part of these abortions that bothers me the most , is that the creators of said crap actually think that this is good stuff. there may be those that would state ..each to their own and one mans garbage is anothers treasure etc but ...in this case it is plainly visible that what is shown is in very bad taste and the mud did stick to the wall when it was thrown...
i feel better now...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:14 am

Just don't. I'm close to an aneurism as it is. The only plus on the horizon is that even in my accelerating race into decrepitude I will still be able to round any of these sad fucks up and fart on their heads, (Figuratively.) on my now obsolete GRiSO.

If you want to be further nauseated?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The vid, not to mention the caption, makes me see red!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:46 am

But, Pete, the vid clearly says that it is "Beyond Trends and Appearances."  Therefore, you must be wrong. Wink  

Besides, I figured that sort of ad just must appeal to you folks on those two big islands down there.  Very Happy

On the bright side, I suppose (and, perhaps, more realistically, just hope) that such tripe sells motorcycles and that maybe, just maybe, some of those purchasers will, some day, "get it."

Best on a very wet day from Cross Junction,

Bill
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:08 am

Bill, I hope they sell a shitload of them! If I can wangle it with the business I'll be buying one late this year. Not because I like them. I think they stink! But because, at the moment, this is what the Piaggio droids are firing at us.

I've lived and breathed Guzzi for forty years. I've seen the brand bought to its knees and sometimes close to cut off at the ankles before. Never though have I seen a situation where the vision was actually backward. Previously it's always been "What can we do to make these tired old shitters competitive in the modern world?" Now it seems like we have a situation almost diametrically opposed where the message is "Let's build something we can get through emissions regulations, tart it up with really quite clever electronics, and then package it in a bucket of bolts that a real motorbike designer/engineer from the 1980's would of eviscerated themselves in shame if they had sent it to Product Development.

Now this blinkered approach seems to be the 'Way Forward' as seen by management and marketing. Apart from its short sightedness it further closets Guzzi as seen by the public at large as a follower rather than an innovator. Ignorance breeds stupidity. QED.

Pete
Back to top Go down
sidrat
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:24 am

Well i scrolled through the "specials", i cannot even take the opposite view and say they are great just to be obstreperous, they are genuinely very very poor. I am not a big custom fan, but i can understand and admire good workmanship and the effort put in to make something, but they are really just pile of shit, i feel sorry for the original bike.

I cannot get the video to work and i am glad of that.

As i have got older, i am only 56, there have been things like music that i cannot digest, i have always presumed that like my parents i simply "don't understand it" to quote my youngest daughter. I never expected this same lack of understanding to apply to bikes, but it seems that maybe that is what is happening..........

Ridden the GRiSO to work all week and apart from the rear suspension, i would be hard pushed to improve on it, it is a fantastic bike (an i have owned more than 70 bikes over the years), with more character than almost anything available today, as i hit my head against the brick wall along with you guys, i wonder.......is it us???
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:18 pm

We all start out as young dickheads .................... and end up old farts, just like our parents.
But ours was the best generation, always.

Tis difficult to see the world through another generations eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:04 pm

Was one of them called a Hipster ? The only thing missing is a cup holder for the double choc mocha latte macchiato No
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:27 pm

So much lipstick on so many pigs.

Pete Roper wrote:

I've lived and breathed Guzzi for forty years. I've seen the brand bought to its knees and sometimes close to cut off at the ankles before. Never though have I seen a situation where the vision was actually backward. Previously it's always been "What can we do to make these tired old shitters competitive in the modern world?" Now it seems like we have a situation almost diametrically opposed where the message is "Let's build something we can get through emissions regulations, tart it up with really quite clever electronics, and then package it in a bucket of bolts that a real motorbike designer/engineer from the 1980's would of eviscerated themselves in shame if they had sent it to Product Development.

Now this blinkered approach seems to be the 'Way Forward' as seen by management and marketing. Apart from its short sightedness it further closets Guzzi as seen by the public at large as a follower rather than an innovator. Ignorance breeds stupidity. QED.

Pete

Is there any hope for a company that couldn't figure out how to sell the GRiSO/Stelvio/Norge? I hope a German car company or some other entity with deep pockets will come along and rescue the brand from the Piaggio nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Red Dog
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:41 pm

Truly speechless. Devoid of emotion. Not mad. Can't cry. Maybe this is what terror is like.
I just want it to go away. Please, make it go away.

Do you think we could get Jay Leno to buy Piaggio? Maybe Billy Joel?

OMG Maybe it's being run by Sponge Bob!!!!!! That would explain a lot.

No really I'm ok, I'm just gonna step out & have a smoke, maybe a beer, shot?
Back to top Go down
http://www.OtterTrout.com
Clancy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:11 pm

waterbottle wrote:
Was one of them called a Hipster ? The only thing missing is a cup holder for the double choc mocha latte macchiato  No

I can't be a Hipster.
It's impossible.
I don't drink coffee.

(I thought about asking wtf a "double choc mocha latte macchiato " is.........but I really don't care)
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:20 pm

It's entirely possible. Hipsters also drink shit like Chai Lattes. Razz

Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:54 am

Hey ! I like chai tea,
Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:49 am

Meh....to each their own.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:26 pm

What are they doing ? ...........
Populous, cheap, pitching to the bigger sales body ect ect
They are not on their own, ie HD
BUT, there is a big price, losing their sole, dumping their faithful base, all for their lousy perceived bottom line ..... accountants again running the show
Won't be long and all bikes will look the same
What a shame, there is an advantage to being an old fart, I won't be about much longer to see em disappear up their own greedy corporate arses
Enjoy your GRiSO's
Have a safe great day all
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:40 pm

This stuff is all "marketing". This is what happens when the suits say make shit that will sell! Gear-heads recoil in horror; unfortunately the buying public responds to image and emotion well before true performance.
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beyond awful!   Today at 12:43 am

Back to top Go down

Beyond awful!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: