12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Natural Burial

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Natural Burial   Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:53 pm

Totally unrelated to Grisos, but some of you may find this interesting. A lot of us here are aging and breaking down in various ways and if not ourselves, our parents and friends are gradually leaving this Earth. The article below considers the case of my friend Jake Seniuk, an artist, curator, writer, intellectual,  father, and friend to many, who died recently after a long battle with cancer. Jake was the director of the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center in Port Angeles, Washington for many years. He invited me to do a show of my work there in 1998 and we became close friends during that time. Esther and I often visited him when we passed through his small city on the Olympic Peninsula and he often came by my studio when he was in the big city of Seattle. Jake was something special and this article illustrates another level of the depth of his character and personality. I feel lucky to have known him, and I hope you all will find his last days inspiring, if a bit unconventional. His frugal opinion on Italian food is classic Jake.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Natural Burial   Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:31 am

nice one - i like it
Back to top Go down
wardentm
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Natural Burial   Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:08 am

Thanks Street
RIP Jake
Also, Here in Aus most funeral industry players are in my opinion ripping off vulnerable people, such as my sister, she has just pre paid for her funeral, I am her executor, one of the costs was $1100 for a coffin and she is being cremated, why I ask
6k all up.
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: Natural Burial   Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:18 am

A death well done.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
http://www.grisoghetto.com
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Natural Burial   Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:21 am

Thanks Street, Good on that family.
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: Natural Burial   Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:47 am

Interesting read.
Back to top Go down
GNORTS
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Natural Burial   Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:18 am

Thanks Pete, and condolences to you on the loss of your friend.  I wish I had known him.  I'm sure he was a valuable asset to Port Angeles - known around here as simply PA.  It's an interesting town, off he beaten track but home to many creative folks.  Raymond Carver spent his last years there. Ray's widow, the poet Tess Gallagher, was born in PA, and as far as I know still lives there.

The only time I've been to PA in the past few years is passing through on the New Years' Day ride to Neah Bay.  You think PA is remote?  Neah Bay isn't the end of the world, but you can see it from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Natural Burial   Today at 12:44 am

Back to top Go down

Natural Burial
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: