GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

TB balance after rollerisation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

TB balance after rollerisation Empty
PostSubject: TB balance after rollerisation   TB balance after rollerisation Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:43 am

The idle TB balance on my GRiSO seems to sway so much so that it has been necessary to check & adjust it once every two weeks. Could it be that the valve gear is slowly setting after roller conversion and I should also check the valve lash (only ridden 3000 km's after said procedure)? Could it be the bypass screws might not hold their last adjusted position? TB balance at 3500-4000 has been constant, no fiddling there. Would low quality i. e. dirty gasolene cause it?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: TB balance after rollerisation   TB balance after rollerisation Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:49 am

Nope. Should remain pretty consistent. Only one bypass screw should ever be open. You understand this and why? If both are open it will play havoc with the stepper input.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: TB balance after rollerisation   TB balance after rollerisation Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Yup, I have followed the procedure to the dot. Last time I left both shut as the meter showed them to be in perfect balance as it was and the idle was indeed smooth. And I had to tighten BOTH sides before starting, even though I distinctly remembered doing that the previous time, also. Well, I'll go through it all again. If nothing else, I'm certainly learning the maintenance!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TB balance after rollerisation   TB balance after rollerisation Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

TB balance after rollerisation
Page 1 of 1