GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on

Go down 
+2
Hacky
bCraig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Empty
PostSubject: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:33 pm

with new GPR racing pipe installed now for several hundred kms ... with no mapping or removing fuses just sticking it on there and riding .... went to Windsor NS and back today135km each way very twisty fast secondary roads to a British Motoring Festival ( supposed to take Commando , that`s another story ) anyway .... gassed up when I got back and did calculation .... 4.83liters / 100kms .... I think that is pretty good .... what say you guys ... only down side is I am feeling more vibes than with stock pipe , but at least I can hear this one out on the road at speed ...comments .
Craig
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:30 pm

That's much better economy than I got when I fitted my Arrow pipe at around 7 to 8 litres/100km. I like a spirited ride though and to listen to the growl of the V-twin. Anyway one of Beetle's map improved my fuelling into the 4.8 to 5.5 litre/100 km range.
Back to top Go down
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:07 pm

I wonder if I would see improvements with a new map .... less vibes even better mileage ? Oh! I see you are on a 1200 , I'm talking 'bout a '07 1100 ...
Craig
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:33 pm

My Beetle map totally smoothed out the power delivery. The OEM fuelling is shite to put it mildly. Can't believe the factory roll out product with as little R&D as they do. But then again Piaggio seem to ignore their legal responsibilities of warranties and get away with it so there is no need for them to invest too heavily into R&D like a Japanese factory would.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:19 pm

The stock 2V maps were way better than the stock 8V maps. IMO.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:34 pm

A long way from perfect but they didn't make the bike pretty much unrideable like the GRS8V-01 map did. As long as you ran with a dB killer in it was possible to travel on a small throttle without it sounding like the gearbox was hammering itself to death.

Pete
Back to top Go down
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:28 pm

The GPR pipe came with the bike .... if there is a dbkiller it is not removable .... looks straight through when held to light .... the bike was definitely smoother with the big pipe but couldn't hear it and my wife worried I wouldn't be noticed .... today's ride was through the rotten hills ( joke ) named by an Aussie after driving through there in winter .... anyway 80 km zone .... bike say we averaged 97kph for the whole run ( peak 147 ) including several villages ( 60kph ) plus town of Windsor ( 50kph ) .... so using a bit more than a little throttle .... performance wise , I feel no difference just more vibes all over the rev range subtle but nevertheless more ...
Craig
Back to top Go down
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:02 pm

If I was to pull 2 main fuses and allow auto-trim to work it's magic .... could I possibly mitigate the new vibes I am getting with the GPR pipe or should I leave well enough alone .... thanks for your time
Craig
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:00 pm

Do it.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:26 pm

Okay Beetle it's done ( main fuses removed for more than a minute ) .... tomorrow going up the other side of Bay of Fundy from what I did on Saturday ( Windsor trip ) ..... Parrsboro is about same distance round trip ( 300 km ) road is very similar twisty and fast , water on one side mountains on other .... wonder at which point I will feel some improvement if it's going to happen .... or is that enough of a trip ?
Craig
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:19 pm

Trimming is most efficient when throttle is steady for many minutes. Your trip is definitely long enough to get some trim in, but unlikely in the twisties if you're exercising the throttle.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:08 pm

Thanks Beetle .... I will remember that and try and keep a steady hand .... do you think eventually this auto-trim feature will help rid the bike of the unwanted vibes or will I be mounting up the OEM pipe after a while ....thanks for your time , I appreciate you sharing ...
Craig
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:26 pm

Hard to say. The GPR is more open than the stock pipe, so exhaust flow/speed is different. The pipe will resonate at different revs. However, the ECU will still trim the sub 4000 RPM range to the preset values in the software, so chances of the tingles at highway cruise speeds.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:16 pm

Thanks Beetle ..... just returned .... after 45 minutes bike was running pretty smooth at speed , a little rougher down lower in rev range but not bad ( no popping ) ..... just did my calculation and got 4.72 L/100km which I consider excellent , almost Ducati numbers .... that being said the GRiSO has a way about it that the Duc doesn't ..... can't quite put my finger on it yet ..... has something to do with the lack of shifting though , the Duc is very fussy about which gear you are in certain circumstances , GRiSO just powers through and I really , really like that ... just a great bike !
Craig
Back to top Go down
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:01 pm

Well ... I have a bit louder pipe and more vibrations with the GPR pipe .... so today I went back to stock pipe ... I assume I would remove the 2 main fuses for more than one minute to activate auto-trim and before I know it , all be smooth again , I hope .... interesting experiment , no performance improvement from GPR Racing pipe , just a bit more sound and quite a bit more vibrations .... so stock it is ....
Craig
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:48 pm

bCraig wrote:
with new GPR racing pipe installed now for several hundred kms ... with no mapping or removing fuses just sticking it on there and riding .... went to Windsor NS and back today135km each way very twisty fast secondary roads to a British Motoring Festival ( supposed to take Commando , that`s another story ) anyway .... gassed up when I got back and did calculation .... 4.83liters / 100kms .... I think that is pretty good .... what say you guys ... only down side is I am feeling more vibes than with stock pipe , but at least I can hear this one out on the road at speed ...comments .
Craig
Without sounding aloof, why the fcuk would you do something alternative to the mega bucks spent on r and d at guzzi? Do you think for one minute these aftermarket guys care a flying fcuk what bike you fit their  shitty cans to?  Surprised
Back to top Go down
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:00 pm

Not sure what kind of bug got under your skin .... no doubt a whole body skinning wouldn't fix you though .... if you had read the entire thread you would be looking elsewhere to find another enthusiast to dump on .... thanks for your concern .... take your problems somewhere else ... no offense meant ...
Craig
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:06 pm

Very Happy  Ok you ask for comments and now you feel unwell that someone is disagreeing with your obsession for hearing your exhaust note. Very Happy

Last edited by boxerscott on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:15 pm

Hey, hey pettles
Settle, don't be so sensitive
Have a great day
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:21 pm

wardentm wrote:
Hey, hey pettles
Settle, don't be so sensitive
Have a great day
Ha "Petal" my gran used to call me that, fat lot of good that did, ain`t now`t flowery about me Sad  I`m cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on    Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Mileage with GPR pipe just stuck on
Page 1 of 1