12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Side Car on a GRiSO?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bulldog9
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Side Car on a GRiSO?   Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:56 pm

Not to get too personal, but I've had a few too many head injuries and the old equilibrium mechanism is increasingly on the fritz. Some days cant ride at all.  So after seeing Streets awesome side car, I've been thinking about long term riding options and the idea of a side car, but figured it was a no go on a CARC bike, then I see this.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I could of course buy an Eldo or other Guzzi with a side car, but would be great on a GRiSO. Any chance this could be added to the GRiSO? Lower Case has some 8-10MM bold holes......... I'll be riding till I die.............
Back to top Go down
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Side Car on a GRiSO?   Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:09 pm

Steve,

That's a pretty nice looking rig. The sidecar is a DMC, same as mine except that he's got the Expedition model that has a lot more features than my base model. I think putting a sidecar on a GRiSO would be a waste of a GRiSO. The 1100 California is a good tug for a hack, and they're relatively cheap and available. I paid three grand for mine with lots of suspension upgrades, luggage, windscreen etc., and only 11,000 miles on the odo. The sidecar, all in, was another six. So I have a lot less invested than what you're looking at, but the Stelvio rig and Expedition sidecar would be great on fire service roads or a trip to the arctic circle. One concern I'd have is that the bike is a 2010 - has it been rolarized?

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Side Car on a GRiSO?   Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:30 pm

It's been done, but as Street says, why would you want to? It doesn't really gave the frame for it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Side Car on a GRiSO?   Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:57 pm

Not interested in doing this now, just filing for future use. Given the choice of having to quit riding because your inner gyroscope is shot or putting a sidecar on a GRiSO, what would you do? ;-) But point taken, a sidecar on the Cali or Eldorado is pretty common have seen 3-4, and for a reasonable price. Keeping hope alive!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Side Car on a GRiSO?   Today at 9:44 pm

Back to top Go down

Side Car on a GRiSO?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: