GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from France Sud Ouest

Go down 
+11
Diablo Loco
boxerscott
Street
LBC Tenni
MotoMT
GUZ21
Oz1200Guzzi
NorthernProducer
Bill Hagan
Pete Roper
jean cool
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
jean cool
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:58 am

Mais bong sang, je ne veux pas investir de l'argent dans cette moto. Laughing

In fact, you say yourself, the engine can be screwed ends.

It's simple, I do not want to invest money in this bike.
If it still running a few miles the better, if it does not work anymore, I'd sell the parts.
And maybe I would buy another different motorcycle.
But I think it will still roll km x .......long time .

Well I let go when my engine sucks I will be posting later in all honesty.
A beaucoup plus
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:26 pm

It's already sucking! You just refuse to look.

Sure the Norge motor, if a roller motor, is a pretty cheap price but do you have the skills to swap it out? If not you'll be paying someone a shitload more than the current cost of a 'C' kit to do the swap. Pulling the engine on any Stelvio is a prick of a job! A small tank Stelvio is a huge, sweaty, glistening prick of a job! Many hours involved, many!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:05 am

OK, I just re-read that last reply. So you don't want to invest money in your engine? But, if you can scab some free bits off me you'll try and keep it going a bit longer, Yes?

And what happens when it goes wrong again? Just tighten up the clearances and on sell it to some other poor mug with no knowledge of the problem so he inherits your problem and the associated costs?

Nah, sorry. The whole thing sucks. Bottom line is I don't trust you to do the right thing.

Offer withdrawn. Buy your own bits or sell the bike. I want no part in this.

Pete
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:20 am

jean cool wrote:
It's simple, I do not want to invest money in this bike.

jean cool wrote:
if it does not work anymore, I'd sell the parts.

I don't want to pour even more oil on this discussion, and I understand your rationale that it is cheaper to continue to ride with flat tappets than to convert to rollers, but I object to your statements above.  It shows to me (but perhaps I misunderstand) that you don't love your motorcycle, that you don't care for it, that you don't see it as a "whole" but instead as a collection of spare parts that can be sold when no longer useful.  I object to this idea of "consumerism" - that an item exists to be consumed and thereafter discarded. I believe that you should care more.  If your above statements are true I can only say that I feel sorry for your Stelvio and that I am very happy that you don't own a GRiSO!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jean cool
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:20 am

Pete Roper wrote:
It's already sucking! You just refuse to look.

Sure the Norge motor, if a roller motor, is a pretty cheap price but do you have the skills to swap it out? If not you'll be paying someone a shitload more than the current cost of a 'C' kit to do the swap. Pulling the engine on any Stelvio is a prick of a job! A small tank Stelvio is a huge, sweaty, glistening prick of a job! Many hours involved, many!

Hello

Yes it takes time to get a small tank, but I've already done.
Here are my own images.
This takes time, but it is rather easy.
Change engine is the same, we take the time it takes and that's it.
The Guzzi mechanics is childish.
If the used engine (Norge, Stelvio, GRiSO) is a flat tappets, this is not a concern, I am also.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pete Roper wrote:
OK, I just re-read that last reply. So you don't want to invest money in your engine? But, if you can scab some free bits off me you'll try and keep it going a bit longer, Yes?

And what happens when it goes wrong again? Just tighten up the clearances and on sell it to some other poor mug with no knowledge of the problem so he inherits your problem and the associated costs?

Nah, sorry. The whole thing sucks. Bottom line is I don't trust you to do the right thing.

Offer withdrawn. Buy your own bits or sell the bike. I want no part in this.

Pete

"Offer withdrawn"  Laughing

Finally, we begin to see more clearly.
We know that you will not donate Bits, ok !,  it is your right and I have nothing to say.
So we can take with reserve what you say on the various forums.

Especially when you think I'm going to sell my bike to someone who ignores the distribution problems.
It's not my mentality to do things like that.
I think I respect your person, but conversasion becomes a little aggressive (indelicate).
My bike is known as the white wolf and it was I who opened a topic on distribution problems (post 100 pages).
I'm not hiding anything, and I'm honest.
You struggle to see things differently, but that's not a reason to make me look like someone with bad intentions.
Your thinking is offensive.  Surprised

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bioman wrote:
If your above statements are true I can only say that I feel sorry for your Stelvio and that I am very happy that you don't own a GRiSO!  Very Happy

Hello Biomam.
I understand your thinking is mechanical love.
While passion is elsewhere than on the bike,
it will not stop me buying a GRiSO, if I feel like it.

I respect your point of view and great respect for your GRiSO.
But for me, the bike is a fun car, that's all.

I would put more post here about who is sterile because I realize that freedom of thought has its limits.
This could become offensive.

Good luck to everyone . Ooh La La
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:52 am

(Many) Years ago, in Garmisch, Germany, I engaged in a conversation (I am clueless now on what) that degenerated into a heated discussion.  

Folks who know me now might find it incredible, but the argument soon became physical, as in a fistfight brawl.  Yes, (much) beer was involved. drunken

It is a minor miracle we were not arrested, but the hotel was satisfied after we paid for the broken dishes and furniture.

FWIW, as is often the case in such craziness, that fellow whom I first met that night, and whom I fought so heatedly, and I turned into great friends.  In fact, a few years later, he became godfather to my children! jocolor cheers

I sometimes wonder as I read these internet brouhahas if, under different circumstances -- as in "real" rather than virtual reality -- we would have such exchanges.  That seems especially so when language gets in the way.  

OTOH, we might also have too much beer, break crockery, bust chairs, and get arrested.  Wink

Best from (temporarily) Atlanta,

Bill
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:04 pm

Nah Bill, sorry, he's just a self interested, trolling dipshit.

No further interest will be taken by me, sorry.

Pete
Back to top Go down
jean cool
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:16 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Nah Bill, sorry, he's just a self interested, trolling dipshit.

No further interest will be taken by me, sorry.

Pete

I do what I like about my Stelvio.
In the future, avoid your thoughts irespectueuses Shocked "trolling dipshit" oh ! , i'ts not nice !.
For it is easy when you're behind your keyboard to do so.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

boxerscott wrote:
Hi jean, may I say you got a warm welcome, most newbies are advised to fuck off and get there shit heaps rollerised Very Happy

chris

you were right Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from France Sud Ouest
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: