12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Golden Age Air Museum airshow in Bethel, PA Saturday the 3rd of September

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ronbo10
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Golden Age Air Museum airshow in Bethel, PA Saturday the 3rd of September   Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:52 pm

Should have mentioned this earlier, but for anyone in PA/NJ/MD who doesn't already have plans on their Labor Day weekend, this is a neat, low-key airshow. Kicks off at 2PM, Sunday's the rain day. It's about 45 miles west of Allentown on I78 (take exit 15, Grimes Airfield is just slightly north of the interstate, but not much- the landing pattern base leg goes over the interstate.

Really cool museum, with a lot of flying aircraft- owner/curator, Paul Daugherty, is a co-worker of mine, a real nice bloke, and a genius at restoring aircraft (along with the help of many volunteers).

Flyer for airshow

I was hoping to ride the GRiSO in, but alas, it's in the shop (for good reasons though).

A few of the planes they have on hand (Sopwith Pup and Fokker DRI are replicas- the Fokker does have a real Le Rhone rotary though. The Jenny's for real, as are the Monocoupe and Cessena 195):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Golden Age Air Museum airshow in Bethel, PA Saturday the 3rd of September   Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:47 am

Can't this year, but looks great.

I dislike flying, but love airplanes.

Bill
Back to top Go down

Golden Age Air Museum airshow in Bethel, PA Saturday the 3rd of September
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: