12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Father's Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Father's Day    Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:21 am

I did alright!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Father's Day    Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:33 am

Yes, you did!

A penguin fell off my cranial iceberg and another clambered up when I learned that "your" Fathers Day is on a different day than "ours." Interesting.

Had not heard of Slate, but looked it up -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  -- and will be interested in your impressions.

As for Jamison, also quite nice.  If socked in by weather down there or when trying to avoid some of "Her List" tasks, wander through this perpetual thread about Jamison v. Bushmills: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Darn thing has been going on for years.  I must somewhat sheepishly admit that I will now drink Bushmills without worrying my Catholic forebears are frowning.  Rolling Eyes

Actually, if one disregards some of the loons who post (as in most such threads), there is some wonderfully interesting info about Irish whiskey.  Naturally, I had to chime in some time ago about grappa. Wink

Congrats again, dad.  Very Happy

Bill
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Father's Day    Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:36 am

haha, mine are not yet tall enough to pass through the checkout at the bottle-o...
so I got some personalised hand and feet print original paintings, and superb unfired clay key fob...
I did alright too!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Father's Day    Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:29 pm

Pat, the day you can sit in the pub and have a drink with your kids is both sad and joyous.

Bill, to be perfectly honest I prefer Jameson. Not because of any religious or geographical reasons. I prefer the taste. Very Happy

As for Slate, it's now hard to get here. It was my main drinking bourbon for a couple of years, but when the corporate giant that owns most of the retailers in this area stopped importing it, I ran dry. Then about 6 months later, we found an independent store that stocks it. It's smooth and mellow, not unlike Makers. Yum!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Father's Day    Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:07 pm

Spent the day painting my daughters bedroom. Bloody house is upside down. Did squeeze in a quick blat on the 1200's new tyres.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Father's Day    Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:09 pm

I badly wanted to ride. Pissing down until 1630, when the clouds split with the sun shining. I was well into my second Single Barrel by then, however.

drunken
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Father's Day    Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:17 pm

piston broke?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Father's Day    Today at 3:42 am

Back to top Go down

Father's Day