GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Newby help wanted

Go down 
+5
wardentm
opc
Papa Lazarou
Pete Roper
Pedz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pedz
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pedz

Newby help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Newby help wanted   Newby help wanted Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:31 am

I plan on buying a used GRiSO and have read here about the tappet problems but am not clear if this affects all model years, any guidance would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Newby help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby help wanted   Newby help wanted Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:35 am

8V-1200's from 2008-Mid-2012 with flat tappet top ends. All 1100's use the 2VPC engine. all post Mid-2012 motors use the impregnable roller top end.

Any flat tappet engine with sub-20,000km is *probably* a safe bet for rollerisation, after that?...........
Back to top Go down
Pedz
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pedz

Newby help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby help wanted   Newby help wanted Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:07 am

Thanks Pete, would you recommend I steer clear of pre 2012s then if there is no evidence that rollers have been added, irrespective of mileage?
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Newby help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby help wanted   Newby help wanted Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:48 am

try and get a post 2013 GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Newby help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby help wanted   Newby help wanted Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:51 am

The change over point to rollers was mid 2012 but the numbers issued by the factory are rubbery. I've seen, and heard of, post cut-off bikes that are still fitted with flats.

Anything plated 2013 or later is safe.

Back to top Go down
Pedz
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pedz

Newby help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby help wanted   Newby help wanted Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:37 am

Decided not to risk it so bought a new one, picked it up yesterday. All I can say is wow!! So smooth , can't wait to put some miles on it. Looking forward to touring Spain on it next year.
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

Newby help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby help wanted   Newby help wanted Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:10 pm

Congrats!! Pics?
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Newby help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby help wanted   Newby help wanted Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:18 am

Hi Pedz
You lucky bastard ......
I'd love a new one ...
I can dream I suppose
Enjoy it an stay safe
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

Newby help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby help wanted   Newby help wanted Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:44 am

Pedz wrote:
Decided not to risk it so bought a new one, picked it up yesterday. All I can say is wow!! So smooth , can't wait to put some miles on it. Looking forward to touring Spain on it next year.

Nicely done, Grisos really are unique and we may not see their like again.

I bought mine 12 months ago, it's a 2008 with 35,000km  and I had no idea about the ' dreaded flattie problem' at the time, but hey, it doesn't matter, I bought the GRiSO after looking at every other bike for a year to find the bike that was easiest to maintain in my old age.

Ok I've had to maintain it sooner than expected due to the tappet problem, but it's fun and easy to work on. This pic is my 'moment of truth' memoir  as I pulled of the LH cambox just tonight, and I'm very glad to say that the tappet wear is only just starting, at least on the LHS.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And as you have discovered, it's just *brilliant* to ride, especially on steep winding uphills Smile

Cheers,
Terry
Back to top Go down
https://mecrisp-stellaris-folkdoc.sourceforge.io/
Pedz
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pedz

Newby help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby help wanted   Newby help wanted Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:28 am

Can't work out how to post pics?? Any UK owners recommend where to get a tail tidy?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Newby help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby help wanted   Newby help wanted Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:48 am

Posting pics-use an initially free service like Photo bucket. Tail tidy: why?
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

Newby help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby help wanted   Newby help wanted Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:13 am

Pedz wrote:
Can't work out how to post pics?? Any UK owners recommend where to get a tail tidy?
Thanks

To post pics, here is the method I used tonight for my pics:-:-
1) click on the "Host an Image" icon 16 from the right, (look for the text to appear when you hold the mouse cursor above it)
2) Click on the green "Select Files" button in the menu that pops up
3) select the picture you want (to upload/insert to your post here) in your computers file system
4) next to your image is a blue square, the mouse over text reads "send the image to the selected category ... click it
5) A green bar graph slowly grows from left to right indicating the progress of uploading your file
6) next to the pop up menu image, you have three choices :-
top) View Image
middle) Insert the image in the editor
bottom) Insert thumbnail in the editor
7) click on the middle option and your picture will appear in your post
Cool click outside the pop up window and it will go away
You are done, and your picture is now in your post.

Note: you will get a email from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] afterwards telling your account on "Servimg" - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has been created from your board account. I don't know anything about them myself, but that's where your picture is 'hosted' when you upload it above.

Cheers
Terry

Back to top Go down
https://mecrisp-stellaris-folkdoc.sourceforge.io/
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Newby help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby help wanted   Newby help wanted Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:48 am

Congratulations on your new GRiSO!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Gobovic
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Gobovic

Newby help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby help wanted   Newby help wanted Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:44 pm

I got my CARC bracket licence plate holder from KC34 - really good quality stuff, based in Mandello del Lario. They do a couple of different typres. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Newby help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby help wanted   Newby help wanted Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:20 pm

Gobovic wrote:
I got my CARC bracket licence plate holder from KC34 - really good quality stuff, based in Mandello del Lario. They do a couple of different typres. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the tank rack is pretty interesting....like to see one in the flesh .. build quality seems great
Back to top Go down
Pedz
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pedz

Newby help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby help wanted   Newby help wanted Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:51 pm

Thanks for that, I decided to go for the lightech tail tidy, awaiting delivery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newby help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby help wanted   Newby help wanted Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Newby help wanted
Page 1 of 1