GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Suspension work over

Go down 
+13
beetle
peterc9
waterbottle
Oz1200Guzzi
sidrat
Dagon
Brent S
Hacky
techman-001
Grisodude
keenerkeen07
Converted Duc
Ralf z
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
peterc9
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
peterc9

Suspension work over  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension work over    Suspension work over  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:13 pm

waterbottle wrote:
Very good Peter , I guess what we all try to achieve here is a bike that we can ride within our own abilities.
The problem is, cruising at hwy speed is a lot different to how good we think we still are, at least for this one. ( especially on GRiSO, I touch the start button, and all of a sudden, 20 years old again.)
Yep, me too. As the horizon gets pushed out, I'll hopefully need to rework my forks. For now I just feel so bloody lucky whenever I look at the bike! I had a funny experience the other night on Woodville Road in Villawood... which is a hoon's paradise (allowing for the fixed speed cameras)... two police, no visible car, but a speed gun and a torch. I was rumbling along, enjoying the sonority, visor up, beautiful night - saw them - looked down: 57km/h. I don't know who was more surprised, me or them. Getting old? Maybe, but gracefully.
Back to top Go down
HCSO617
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
HCSO617

PostSubject: Re: Suspension work over    Suspension work over  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:45 pm

I've put about 600 miles on the GRiSO since I received it. Has a total of 7400 miles. The front end doesn't inspire any confidence.

I made an appt. with Dan at Traxxion. They are going to install their AK-20 Axxion Cartridge Kit and rebuild, revalve and respring the rear shock and tune it on their Dyno.

I am going to bring it to them and spend a day or two getting it sorted end of May.

Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: Suspension work over    Suspension work over  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:10 am

Well, over the last few weeks I discovered the downside of having a new Wilbers rear shock and spring fitted to my GRiSO.......the front now feels like shite! Going to get some Matris cartridges fitted to sort the front end out. Should have done this to begin with. Happy to report back with observations if anyone wishes.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Suspension work over    Suspension work over  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:31 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: Suspension work over    Suspension work over  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 24, 2017 7:27 am

Matris fork cartridges fitted today. Need to take the bike for a decent ride to give them a real test. Expect a few hundred kms for them to settle in a bit too. Compliance and general comfort is already an improvement on stock. Nice. Wink
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Suspension work over    Suspension work over  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 25, 2017 2:56 am

A good test would be up the Maroondah to Healesville and maybe up and down Mt Donna Buang.
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: Suspension work over    Suspension work over  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 25, 2017 3:20 am

The Gembrook-Launching Place road is also a good one.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Suspension work over    Suspension work over  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 26, 2017 2:56 am

Is that the one that leads to the Gembrook State forest. If it is, I have very fond memories of blasting through the state forest in a hopped up Corolla.
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: Suspension work over    Suspension work over  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 26, 2017 8:27 am

Not entirely sure which forest it goes through to be brutally honest. I spend most of my time concentrating on not putting my GRiSO into the weeds as opposed to noticing the local geography! I should probably check on Google Maps though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suspension work over    Suspension work over  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Suspension work over
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2