GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Startus Interruptus kit.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Guzzi Two Shoes
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Guzzi Two Shoes

Startus Interruptus kit. Empty
PostSubject: Startus Interruptus kit.   Startus Interruptus kit. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:57 pm

My '06 GRiSO started suffering from the click, no start syndrome that's well documented hereabouts. I finally got mighty pissed off with the old girl, and sent off for the bypass wiring kit from MPH cycles in the US.
I fitted it tonight, 10 minute job, easy peasy. The bike fired up immediately, so I was just about to open a "well done me" beer after resetting the time on the clock, when I noticed the Service warning on the bottom of the dash along with the exclamation mark in a triangle too.
I realise pulling out and re-siting the starter relay may have annoyed the ECU, but damn it she can be a stroppy strumpet sometimes!!
I've logged into Diagnostics, couldn't see anything obvious, but pushed the "clear all faults" button anyway. I then pulled out the 2 30A fuses for an hour just in case......
The warning's still there, bitch still starts, so I might just ride her to work tomorrow and give her a good old fashioned thrashing.
However, if any of my fellow Ghetto dwellers could offer me some advice on fixing the error, I would be eternally grateful.
Her name's Jezebel, she's a temptress and a wanton hussy, but she's mine and I love her.
Back to top Go down
siabeid
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
siabeid

Startus Interruptus kit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startus Interruptus kit.   Startus Interruptus kit. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:39 pm

When I installed the kit on my 07, I got a couple of the wires mixed up and it did that. It still started though. When I corrected the wires, the service light went out and everything was fine.
Back to top Go down

Startus Interruptus kit.
Page 1 of 1