12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Insurance. F*7^^%$%Y%*&%wits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Papa Lazarou
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Insurance. F*7^^%$%Y%*&%wits   Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:13 am

Crashed the GRiSO on 17th June this year. Somebody had dumped sump oil on the road (fecking veteran car rallies-two, that day). 15MPH crash, so didn't manage to leave the bike. Broke my leg. Been GRiSO-less since. This is not news, particularly to me.

A long, long struggle with the insurance ensued. For the first three weeks, they didn't even know where it was; I found it myself, sitting in a breakers' yard 300 miles away.

Today, after many fruitless calls and emails and complaints, I discovered the email address of the CEO of the company.

Repair was agreed shortly afterwards.

A good result, but they've now had my GRiSO longer than I have had it. It was just on 1000 miles when this happened. They took £2K off the value for depreciation. I've asked for the depreciation that has occurred since they've had it.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Insurance. F*7^^%$%Y%*&%wits   Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:20 pm

Maddening.  

Nice work on the end-run email.  Wink

Gotta say that Progressive -- my insurer -- has been astonishingly professional and fair to me (and my brother, also insured by them).  No doubt some have horror stories to match our praise, as "YMMV," but our experience hs been the opposite nothing of yours.

Best wishes for never another chance to find out you can be treated better!  Rolling Eyes

Bill
Back to top Go down

Insurance. F*7^^%$%Y%*&%wits
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: