12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Startus problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Conor W
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Startus problems   Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:17 am

Running fine. Stopped to fuel up. No start. Dash fine but spanner symbol flashing intermittently. Wheeled off to dark corner. All fuses pulled. Fiddled switches to see if anything else dead. Only thing was horn - bzzz but no honk. Wiring diagram consulted ( ibook is a wondrous thing) but still not clear why start and horn and nothing else failing. Walked around for a bit. Tried again. Started. Off home. Phew - no trailers involved. Guzzidiag this morning, no faults current or preserved. Blowed if I know. Maybe just water in switch block. Sound familiar to anyone ?
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Startus problems   Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:35 am

was it raining ? wet roads
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Startus problems   Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:37 am

Clean your battery terminals thoroughly and apply some Vaseline or terminal protectant to them.

The spanner icon flashes on start up 200km before a service interval. Once you're past the interval it will remain illuminated. If you know you're up to date and n servicing just clear it and it won't appear again for another 10,000 Km.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Startus problems   Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:29 am

I believe I have the "Startus" problem and my horn still works. I tried to start my 2014 GRiSO and got the "click from under the seat" and its been dead every time I try it. I disconnected the new battery and reconnected it but it's still dead on every try. No click or anything.
Back to top Go down
jean cool
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Startus problems   Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:50 am

Hello

Do you check the fuses ?.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Startus problems   Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:09 am

The starter relay problem can be intermittent but wasn't for me. Just glad the bike was in my garage at the time of failure. I picked up the wiring kit fix from MPH Cycles- Houston and plugged it in and connected to battery and all is good again. They tell me they ship several a week all over the world.
Back to top Go down
jean cool
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Startus problems   Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:04 am

Ok Very Happy
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Startus problems   Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:37 am

JohnA wrote:
The starter relay problem can be intermittent but wasn't for me. Just glad the bike was in my garage at the time of failure. I picked up the wiring kit fix from MPH Cycles- Houston and plugged it in and connected to battery and all is good again. They tell me they ship several a week all over the world.

This is their eBay product : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Startus Interruptus Kit, to eliminate starting problems with later Moto Guzzis See original listing

This  kit applies full battery voltage to the starter circuit helping to eliminate the system sensing lower voltage and giving you the "click" or Startus Interuptus as it is known.  Kit will fit late model Moto Guzzis, Breva 1100, 1200 Sport etc.  There is also a kit that will fit Grisos and Stelvios, the difference is the length of the battery connection so please specify if you need one for these models.

Price: US $35.00
Shipping: $18.46 International Priority Shipping to Australia  via the Global Shipping Program
Item location: Houston, Texas, United States
Seller: mphguzzitx (158 )
Back to top Go down
http://portertech.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=65&p=73&am
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Startus problems   Today at 4:47 am

Back to top Go down

Startus problems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-