GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Startus irregularus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

Startus irregularus Empty
PostSubject: Startus irregularus   Startus irregularus Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:09 pm

Went to start bike,pressed the noise button,stony silence. Checked all fuses and start/kill connector. Nothing amiss ,still no go. Got my mate to push and rode home. Fitted the MPH kit and away he went. Throughout the day started it 3 times. Yahoo. Went for a ride to town,again no start. Got a push and off we went. Got a new relay from the autoelectrician, bingo. Went for a ride to celebrate and guess what. "Scuse me mate can you give us a push". Got home and sprayed start/kill connector and put my voltmeter on the switch wires,yep a circuit. Put some sewing pins in the back of the wires on the other side of the connecter and couldnt get a circuit with button pressed. Eureka I cried found it. But the bloody bike started...removed pins and started it 3 times.Went into town. "Scuse me mate...." Got home and it started. When it will start the fuel pump primes audibly when it wont start pump primes very quietly. My electrical knowledge goes as far that I know you need power and an earth and that if the blue smoke gets out yer buggered. Any sugestions and does anybody know where to source new OEM connecters? Cheers
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Startus irregularus   Startus irregularus Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:18 pm

Battery terminals...take out the black deposit with sandpaper.
Reapply dielectric grease and you're good.
Same thing with the starter cable...
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Startus irregularus   Startus irregularus Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:31 pm

G'day Charlie and all
Recently I stopped to fuel up, hit button, lights and sweep, but no go, phoned the missus and trailer home .....
Short story, cleaned up battery terminals, no problems since ....
Should I have greased or vasalined the terminal ? If not will this happen again down the track ?
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: Startus irregularus   Startus irregularus Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:37 pm

I had cleaned the battery terminals never thought to do the one on the starter.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Startus irregularus   Startus irregularus Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Startus irregularus
Page 1 of 1