12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Oh the shame.......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Oh the shame.......   Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:45 pm

I bought a V7 Racer.......
Back to top Go down
wyno
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:30 pm

But what evil things are you going to do with/to it? Are we going to see the worlds fastest V7 racer?
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:47 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
I bought a V7 Racer.......

Awesome, now we can look forward to your impressions of the V7 Smile

Reminds me of a guy on a very shiny new looking V7 Racer I met at the 2015 Ragged Fringe.

He said 'it doesn't go like your GRiSO, but it's light, low, handles and all I want in a bike, I love it".

And I have to admit, he really suited that bike, next time I'm taking more photos.
Back to top Go down
http://portertech.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=65&p=73&am
Ian p
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:04 am

Congrats!
I very nearly bought a v7II special but after test riding one held out for a "big block" motor, actually a t3 Cali. Then I also lucked into my GRiSO, so happy days!
Having said that I can definitely see the appeal of a reasonably small light v twin with good predictable handling, a light smooth gearbox, and a simple presence on the road.
I look forward to hearing about any improvements you make, particularly in the fuelling department, as the one I rode seemed to rush really hot.
Good luck.
Ian
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:16 am

The V7 I can handle, if you bought a Bobber or Roamer I'd have to stop reading your posts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
opc
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:45 am

That's a rather expensive farkle for the GRiSO. Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:03 am

Did you lose a bet ...   Cool
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:26 pm

At least you admit it Pete - we would think far less of you if you hid it away and didn't tell anyone...

Yes, I think everyone should try one of these at least once - if I had the $, I would too.
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:53 pm

That's going to look funny...

flower

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
http://www.grisoghetto.com
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:48 pm

Did you hold out for the 6 speed box of the II? Or did you snap up an earlier one for a bargain price? You may find that sometimes you have to PLAN your overtaking, otherwise it should be fun. Photos?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:59 pm

Not to shabby for, (Cough!) $5K. Most of the ones advertised on Bikepoint etc are about 12K so they most likely go for between 10-10.5. It also comes with a dual seat, a rack, the original pipes, heated gripules, the stupid seat cowl, a cover and a pair of enormous comedy breasts! Nah, I made the last one up.

Now I have to get some skinny jeans, a pair of those stupid bud earphones, grow a beard and get a wig maker to make me a 'Man Bun'. I suppose I could even become a vegan.

Maybe not!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:12 pm

MalG wrote:
Did you hold out for the 6 speed box of the II? Or did you snap up an earlier one for a bargain price? You may find that sometimes you have to PLAN your overtaking, otherwise it should be fun. Photos?

No. This is an early one. It belonged to a customer of mine but it was beginning to hurt his back so he wanted out. I asked him how much he wanted and he said that he thought he'd advertise it for eight but would probably take 6 or even 5.5. At that point I said that at that price even I might be interested! He said I could have it for five because I've been so helpful! Shocked I couldn't pass that up and it will be ideal for map building purposes.

I've known and serviced the bike from new so I know it hasn't been stuffed about with too badly. Who knows? If I can tolerate the crap suspension and antiquated chassis I might even keep it! It is very light and I'm not getting any younger or, unfortunately, healthier and my feet are really giving me some grief. Not an issue when I'm riding but moving bikes around HURTS!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:26 pm

Pete, Congrats on the new bike. I've always wondered on these, is that leather strap functional at all, or just a retro-looking tank strap? Handy place to slip your ferry ticket while you're waiting to board, perhaps, or your punch card on a poker run. (Do you guys have those over there?)

Anyway, looks cool, you'll feel younger and hipper riding it, I'm sure.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:05 pm

Leather strap is just a leather strap, no function. In fact the whole wretched thing is, to my eye, a celebration of crass vulgarity, a sort of two wheeled rolling joke! The Stone's and the like I really don't mind too much. The racer's though leave me cold. S'OK though, I can't see it when I'm riding it.

Pete
Back to top Go down
wardentm
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:36 pm

Oh, age is creeping up on us all .......
I will have to head down this track soon, the GRiSO seems to be getting heavier and larger every time I take it out, sob sob
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:41 pm

Thought I was the only one Trev, I would never admit it publicly though. I have been considering the options, but need to win Lotto first. Not that I would want to get rid of "Black Betty", but a small block would aid and abet shorter rides. The Sport is still ideal for a run up to QLD or similar.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:26 pm

G'day Tony
Your a sprightly 61, I'm now 64
Your right, all good for me also out on the open black stuff, fantastic, but where I'm starting to realize I'm going to have some issues as you say round town and stopping/starting getting in/out of the shed.
Boy, getting older is a bitch ......
But, I suppose there is not much we can do about it except have beer each night and dream about getting our leg over occasionally.
Stay safe and well
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 am

Congrats Pete, it looks well cared for. I'm going to take your claims of being poverty stricken with a grain of salt from now on cheers
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:42 pm

A bit of colour on the tank or a Bagster tank bra would get rid of most of the garishness, the OEM rack (the large one) makes it useful for shopping. TLM has been selling the (all weather) cafe seats for 50 Euros - so it can be rained on with impunity. It's light weight is definitely an advantage, especially around town.

Trev - you still have the Connie, don't you? & if you get one of the Ensigns going, there's another town bike to collect the papers. Not the same, of course, but it should do.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:50 pm

No Crying or Very sad Embarassed pale    flip it Pete ..make some $$  to buy farkles for your GRiSO. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:59 pm

It'll be flipped as soon as it's done it's duty as a test mule. I'm adding Mark to my insurance for it and will then be dropping it over to Wagga for him to play with. Once we have all the logging done and he's happy with the maps off to Bikepoint it will go!

I really have no need for more farkles for my GRiSO. The only thinks I'm tempted by are the arrow Ti pipes. And it's getting a bit scruffy paint wise. Time for a colour change soon methinks.

Pete
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
It'll be flipped as soon as it's done it's duty as a test mule. I'm adding Mark to my insurance for it and will then be dropping it over to Wagga for him to play with. Once we have all the logging done and he's happy with the maps off to Bikepoint it will go!

I really have no need for more farkles for my GRiSO. The only thinks I'm tempted by are the arrow Ti pipes. And it's getting a bit scruffy paint wise. Time for a colour change soon methinks.

Pete

Yes.......... nothing like making an old gal new again , You were thinking Orange a while back eh ?

Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

Pete

I weighed the standard pipes on my GRiSO and they come in at 3 metric tons each, so Ti pipes would be a big weight saving.

What do they cost, can you use the standard collector and so on ?
Back to top Go down
http://portertech.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=65&p=73&am
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Yes, you can use the standard pretzel. Cost about $450.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:53 pm

Steak wrote:
That's going to look funny...

flower

I know right? Like Pete has something stuck up his crack! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh the shame.......   Today at 5:25 am