12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kriega Luggage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jonnymac
Squinternotto
Squinternotto

PostSubject: Kriega Luggage   Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:08 am

Hi Guys,
I am looking into getting the Kriega Duo panniers.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The website says they need support on the frame and the company only appears to make a support for the Ducati Scrambler.
I don't fancy large framework on my bike. Is there anything minimalist and universal? I saw the C-bow systems, but wasn't sure the supports would work with this.
Any useful tips or recommendations?
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Kriega Luggage   Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:49 am

I have C-bow with soft bags & some things to consider (took me ages to choose as c-bow soft bags look lovely, suit the bike, supports are minimalist when bags are off, but 22Litres each doesn't go far):
- I use C-bow supports to lift back of bike, passenger grip, general support. The Kriega ones say they are HDPE so not sure they would be robust for some of these things
- The C-Bow kit just about squeezes in and doesn't touch the exhaust. Kriega look more square and deeper so wonder if you might foul exhaust (pictures attached)
- You could easily use the c-bow struts and fit the Kriega plates and/or use c-bow set up with Kriega bags fitted (just using rigidity to keep them vertical etc) but these plus other mix & max likley too much pain
- You could likely fabricate a way to fit the kriega plates using 4 lugs as per c-bows but you need to check if it fits exhaust again. Let me know if you want any measurements on fitted c-bow stuff

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Kriega Luggage
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: