GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Side cover modification

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Seagondollar
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Seagondollar

Side cover modification Empty
PostSubject: Side cover modification   Side cover modification Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:58 pm

I'm speaking about the side covers between the upper frame rails and the rocker covers.  I've always felt the designers missed the opportunity to provide a cold air intake with these.  First of all, I'd make them of carbon fiber.  (just because) Then extend the front edge a bit a bit and open that end to create a scoop.  Then feed the back end to the air box and filter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Side cover modification   Side cover modification Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:02 pm

Except the air box entry is under the pillion seat, hence the wire mesh grill on each side of the ducktail.
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: Side cover modification   Side cover modification Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:00 am

They are a styling feature and one of things that make a GRiSO unique, clearly there was never any intent to make them functional. Anyway adding air pickups there would create. unnecessary complexity with F@#&all benefit if any, to performance. There is a lot of mythology about cold air intakes which really only have any real benefit for racing applications and even then only if properly engineered.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Side cover modification   Side cover modification Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:25 am

Hi Mark, your arrival is a blast from the past! Having said that? What they said. And believe me, you don't want to try and forcibly aspirate this motor unless you love enormous fuel bills for next to no gain!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Side cover modification   Side cover modification Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:27 am

Hey Mark, how did you go in Mosman?
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Side cover modification   Side cover modification Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:10 am

I wouldn't think there is really enough room to do this and make them large enough to not restrict airflow. I get the idea but doubt it is doable or even advizeable.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Side cover modification   Side cover modification Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Side cover modification
Page 1 of 1