GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

V7 brake advice.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

V7 brake advice. Empty
PostSubject: V7 brake advice.   V7 brake advice. Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:11 pm

OK, so its a 2015 V7ii Stone.
ABS but only single (black) front 4 spot Brembo caliper.

So while Steve is seeking better feel/power/control for his REAR brake, I am threatening to remove the foot pedal so he will learn to rely more on the front brake.
ABS system should prevent any numpty from locking a wheel in a straight line. I hope. scratch

However, the front lever is non-adjustable and he suffers from the same pygmy finger dna hand-me-down, as myself. (no pun intended)

Q1. Are there cheap adjustable levers for the V7. I put a $20 adjustable Yamaha copy lever on my 2001 Cali Stone.
Q2. Is his black front caliper the same as a Brembo "Gold Line"? Swappsies?
Q3. He can get Ferodo HH pads. Are they any better/worse than EBC or other brands?
Q4. Anything else we can do?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

V7 brake advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: V7 brake advice.   V7 brake advice. Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:33 pm

The bay of fleas should be verminous with adjustable lever options Wayne.

I use EBC but I'd imagine all HH pads are much the same.

Yes, he needs to learn to use the front brake unless he wants to be a car bonnet ornament!

Pete
Back to top Go down

V7 brake advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: V7 brake advice.   V7 brake advice. Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:14 pm

Well I did the research to answer my own questions.
1. Single disc versions of the Cali 1100 range have the same part # for master cylinders and levers upto and including 2015 V7's.

2. Anybody want a silver alloy stock type ADJUSTABLE lever, mid 80's Yamaha XT600 Belgarde was made in Italy using Brembo, Paoli etc. The lever used Yamaha's round dial span adjustable system. You don't have to buy genuine OEM, cheap MCS copies abound.

3. I just bought these for Steve,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cheap Hong Kong bling for AUD$27.15, free shipping .............................. 4 weeks.

4. We will find an industrial estate with Ambo station close by, and teach him (on a sunday) how to do stoppies!

5. Last option (if he still whinges), 15mm Brembo RCS radial master and the left caliper off a Ducati 998R. (4 spot + 4 pad)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

V7 brake advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: V7 brake advice.   V7 brake advice. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

V7 brake advice.
Page 1 of 1