GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Guzzi vs. BMW

Go down 
+13
Grisonut
cognosticator
Oz1200Guzzi
Street
sidrat
bahamazoo
GHTE
davem
DangWangi
2highlander
zebraranger
LBC Tenni
Il Griso
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Guzzi vs. BMW - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi vs. BMW   Guzzi vs. BMW - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:19 am

Dave, one of those well sorted and mapped brings a smile to the dial. Ask me how I know?
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi vs. BMW   Guzzi vs. BMW - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:33 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Dave, one of those well sorted and mapped brings a smile to the dial. Ask me how I know?

I think I do know because I had a 1200 2 valve Sport and Breva and may even have sent you a map in the past (aka molly).
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi vs. BMW   Guzzi vs. BMW - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:55 am

True but I didn't use it - me lazy...
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi vs. BMW   Guzzi vs. BMW - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:09 am

I suspect Piaggio will bring the Le Mans name in a water cooled version eventually to fill up the gap.
This V85 crap ain't gonna do...
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi vs. BMW   Guzzi vs. BMW - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:10 am

i dont want a water cooled engine in my guzzi, lets skip that and go electric.

I want something that looks like this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So if someone can gear two electric motors togehter and convert the BMW style of this into the above then they have a sale :-)

Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi vs. BMW   Guzzi vs. BMW - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:18 pm

Electric motor?? Even worse! lol
Say goodbye to the soul of the Guzzi.
I prefer the air cooled but Euro regulations will force it...
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi vs. BMW   Guzzi vs. BMW - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Vote the regulators out? Or they could have an accident?
Back to top Go down
Ekimyrf
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Ekimyrf

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi vs. BMW   Guzzi vs. BMW - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:17 am

davem wrote:
BMs since water cooling have gone up a cup size for sure.

I had a BMW R1100s shown in the original cartoon and a fine bike it was too. One of the reasons I went over to Guzzi was BMW replaced the R1100s with a 1200 that was no longer practical. Today I wouldn't touch a modern Beemer with a barge pole.

I currently run a nicely sorted R1100S (Remus system, Techlusion etc..) and an 1100 GRiSO (also sorted to my taste), I much prefer the engine in the Guzzi, the BM goes well enough but very vibey above 5k but the R is a great open road bike its just that I am over it I just don't find the Boxer that charismatic (have owned a 1200GS as well)

So swapping both for a nice post 13 1200 GRiSO (the G1100 is going to my friend so staying in the family so to speak)

Summat about these Guzzi's Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi vs. BMW   Guzzi vs. BMW - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:31 am

i had a R1150GSA on which i did 100000km before trading it in for the GRiSO. In al fairness, i don't think the GRiSO will get that far, also because it will be a showpony and not a work horse.

I loved it. Holiday trips etc. I did look at the 1200gsa's but my friends all got wifes and kids etc so the adventures holidays are done. I did miss a bit of power in the 1150 so i wanted something a bit more sporty. Did look at BMW, but couldn't find something to my liking. I found the GRiSO attractive. Maybe because it looks different.

The thing is, if you want a 2 cylinder and something normal, BMW, Duc and Guzzi are the first choices for most (tour/sport/adventure style). Those three have character for sure. BMW is expensive, true, but good quality. Duc is expensive and comes with expensive problems, and Guzzi, ah well, Guzzi. It's not problem free, but its a little cheaper to fix or deal with Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi vs. BMW   Guzzi vs. BMW - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Guzzi vs. BMW
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2