12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

el cheapo datalogging

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Mr Griso
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:28 am

I wish I was a nerd but I am a NOOBY concerning all things OBD II. The professors Christian91, beetle and Pauldaytona are real pillars of knowledge and I for one expect to post more questions when the the cables and Bluetooth device I finally managed to order arrives.
pjm, a protocol is just a  fancy name for computer language. Computers need the same protocol to be able to communicate to each other. Hence my question to the forum. Just wanted to be sure that the device I bought spoke the same language as the GRiSO ECU. From what I have read the ELM 327 is supposed to speak "all" languages on planet OBD ll but from having read about the issues here I just bought one that actually listed the protocol beetle mentioned in his post above. There seems to be several other challenges involved in making the data logger work and I expect to encounter all of them.... Shocked 

/Ron
Back to top Go down
Mr Griso
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:02 pm

The ELM 327 arrived a week ago. One month from placing the order to actual delivery... Hooked everything up today and connected the phone using the Christian91 Android M5X app. I can't believe how easy it was. No problem and I am an OBD ll NOOBY!
Synchronized the TB's (both airbleed's were open....) using my Morgan Carbtune, (great piece of kit that), removed a plug in the Idle speed valve hose I put there to lower the idle and resetted the throttle position sensor too. Engine runs better than ever. Smoother and better throttle response.

/Ron
Back to top Go down
Slo_Mo_Shun
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:26 pm

Thanks for keeping us up to date.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:53 pm

Last week I had some leave but had to hang around the house. Tried both of my ELM327 units (one black one, one white one) on the Guzzi again - no talky at all.

Out of desperation, I downloaded a piece of software on my Android to talk to cars. I used the Black one (white one appears to be kaput) with the software on my tin top (2009 Hyundai Tucson, 2.0 litre petrol) and lo and behold, real time feedback of engine parameters! So the black one works.

OK, Christian/Paul I have something screwy happening on my bike, where the ELM will not connect with my ECU. I now know the ELM is OK and works, the Android software does not connect to the ECU on my phone or tablet. All is good on my car, any ideas?
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:07 am

Flickering lights on the elm while trying to connect? Maybe it needs the pin 4 to 5 connection like some other combinations. what kkl do you have? PLace a picture of both. I know from christian he has two different elm to test with, I have a different one and that is less stable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
davem
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:46 am

I have been using the scanM5X app for some time but have never been able to get any AFR data from it.
I connected a wire from my wideband NGK afr gauge to the redundant lambda/ecu plug (yellow wire only) and see AFR readings on my phone but not when I use logworks to graph the data. Anyone had more luck?

Dave
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:50 am

Hmm. It works for me.
I'm loading the CSV file into Excel and I have an AFR column.
Does logworks use the csv file or the dif?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:13 pm

Dave, are you logging lambda or AFR? There's a bug in v1.07 that stops lambda from being logged. Christian is aware of it.
Back to top Go down
davem
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:11 am

I have tried logging both. The phone screen shows 0.8, which I assume is 0.8 lambda even when I set it to AFR. The data appears in the spreadsheet but not in the graph. Is there a conversion required in the app settings to display actual AFR?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:44 am

It's simply a matter of selecting AFR or lambda in settings. I presume you have set the coefficients in the settings to give the same readings as the AFR gauge?

Also, shouldn't you have the gauge ground to the S- input to the ECU?
Back to top Go down
davem
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:05 am

With the help of Paul Minnaert I had to set the coefficients to match the AFR gauge (as you also said Mark) and it is logging nicely now. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:13 am

Nice work!
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:42 am

tocino wrote:
Hmm. It works for me.
I'm loading the CSV file into Excel and I have an AFR column.
Does logworks use the csv file or the dif?

The dif is made so logworks understands it direct. Is by far the easy way to see what happens. With averages, nice colors and if you want automatic map creation/adjustment.

And it is free downloadable for users of Innovate parts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    Today at 12:11 pm

Back to top Go down

el cheapo datalogging
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: