GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tank Decals

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ABenz
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ABenz

Tank Decals Empty
PostSubject: Tank Decals   Tank Decals Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:33 am

Hello GRiSO community,

I recently purchased a 2012 GRiSO. The prior owner neglected to wash the bike after exposing it to water, sand, and salt. Also, the owner left the bike out in the Florida sun quite a bit. The stripes and parallel decal forward on the tank are peeling, sliding, and bubbling. It looks hideous.

Do you all recommend (1) contacting Moto Guzzi/Piaggio for replacement decals, (2) going to a wrap shop to have them replace the old decals with new 3M material they cut, or (3) have the stripes painted on?

Thanks!

Benz
Back to top Go down
petarzil
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
petarzil

Tank Decals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Decals   Tank Decals Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:51 am

Piaggio will make you an offer, that you won't be able to find the exit door. Super expensive!

Just go to a wrap shop, and they can make you the same, or unique decals of your chice. Its the cheapest, fastest and best option.

Back to top Go down
ABenz
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ABenz

Tank Decals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Decals   Tank Decals Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:41 am

petarzil wrote:
Piaggio will make you an offer, that you won't be able to find the exit door. Super expensive!

Just go to a wrap shop, and they can make you the same, or unique decals of your chice. Its the cheapest, fastest and best option.

Thank you for your reply.  How much, approximately, should I expect to pay a wrap shop to make and apply the same decals?

Also, I know of a GRiSO owner that did not neglect his bike, and the same thing happened--just to a lesser extent.  Is this a design defect that is inevitable to all Grisos with that set of graphics?  What years have you all observed the defect?  

Last edited by ABenz on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
petarzil
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
petarzil

Tank Decals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Decals   Tank Decals Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:23 pm

Well, prices differ in every country, but usually the wrap shop would ask 1/4 of the price Piaggio would offer for OEM decals. Trust me, 1/4 is a ratio that mostly works on parts and accessories that have aftermarket alternatives.

About your law interest, bear in mind that your bike is 2012, so they can easy say out of warranty, not well maintained, messy owner, 3rd owner without history etc etc.

P.S Piaggio wanted 415$ for 4 small stripes, decals for my Tenni, i bough 0,5mm paper, redraw the decals over the paper, and got the printed for 20$. Wrap company would do that for around 100$.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Tank Decals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Decals   Tank Decals Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:33 pm

For every lawyer you have, Piaggio will have 10. It'll just cost you money for something Piaggio don't give a hoot about. Renew your decals at the local wrap joint and join in the rest of us with our cursing and hatred of Piaggio.

Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
ABenz
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ABenz

Tank Decals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Decals   Tank Decals Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Thank you both for your replies and info.

$415 is absolutely ridiculous.  

I'll reach-out just to see what kind of company I'm working with to determine if I'll really want to continue the buildup of Moto Guzzi brand loyalty.

Last edited by ABenz on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Tank Decals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Decals   Tank Decals Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:36 pm

I wish you luck.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Tank Decals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Decals   Tank Decals Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:28 pm

As a lawyer, I am about to be offended by all this lawyer-bashing.  

OK, I'm not.  Razz

Seriously, I've spent many thou$and$ over past few years to two high-end law firms. With the second one, I wince when one of the partners plays as he is a $600-hour guy.  He took my (non-lawyer) business partner and me to lunch recently.  Made my buddy happy when the lawyer picked up the tab.  I explained the reality of that to my associate when the next invoice arrived.  Rolling Eyes

As for your proposed legal claim, "Benz," listen to beetle and petarzil.  Wink

BTW, best wishes in your legal studies.  I've had a fine time as a lawyer since 1971, but am now, as a practical matter, retired.  I hope that the law always excites you as it does now.

Bill

P.S. My GRiSO's tank decals are peeling, too. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Bill Hagan on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

Tank Decals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Decals   Tank Decals Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:00 pm

Take a look at stein-dinse.de or wendel-motorräder.de. I think shipping won't cost that much.
Back to top Go down
ABenz
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ABenz

Tank Decals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Decals   Tank Decals Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:31 am

Thank you and danke, guys!

AB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tank Decals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Decals   Tank Decals Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tank Decals
Page 1 of 1