GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Front brake not operating brake light

Go down 
+3
grisotx
Pete Roper
silo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
silo
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
silo

Front brake not operating brake light Empty
PostSubject: Front brake not operating brake light   Front brake not operating brake light Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:03 pm

Can anybody help. Bit of a weird one. When the ignition is on, engine off, the front break light switch operates the rear break light. The rear break light switch does the same. Great, no probs. When I start the bike. The rear break light switch still operates the break light, but the front break light switch no longer lights up the break light. Confused?? I am!! . Any ideas anybody??
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Front brake not operating brake light   Front brake not operating brake light Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:22 am

Pull the wires off the switch and bridge them. If the light then works with the engine running it's obviously a switch issue, probably being effected by vibration.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
silo
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
silo

PostSubject: Re: Front brake not operating brake light   Front brake not operating brake light Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yes, took off the switch. It is not a sealed unit, so you could see the green corrosion inside & the green connectors. Lovely. Replaced the switch & its sorted.
Back to top Go down
grisotx
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
grisotx

PostSubject: Re: Front brake not operating brake light   Front brake not operating brake light Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:19 am

@Silo

What was the replacement part that you used? I have the same problem.
Back to top Go down
GR1064
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GR1064

PostSubject: Re: Front brake not operating brake light   Front brake not operating brake light Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:15 am

The GRiSO front brake switch is part AP8224192.

The original part was GU03749845 or 03749845.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Brian
Back to top Go down
grisotx
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
grisotx

PostSubject: Re: Front brake not operating brake light   Front brake not operating brake light Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:06 am

Thanks
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Front brake not operating brake light   Front brake not operating brake light Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:57 pm

most of my past bikes have had the front brake operating the brake light function disabled....
something about being able to brake heavily and duck down a side street with out the cruiser car chasing following you not getting too much advance notice of my next intention...

repeat, past bikes...
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Front brake not operating brake light   Front brake not operating brake light Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:40 am

bahamazoo wrote:
most of my past bikes have had the front brake operating the brake light function disabled....
something about being able to brake heavily and duck down a side street with out the cruiser car chasing following you not getting too much advance notice of my next intention...

repeat, past bikes...

Makes perfect sense.  In a former life with a Triumph Trident T150, I used the redundant starter motor button (which was only used on the T160) to operate a self-latching relay, that extinguished both the brake light and the tail light.  Switching off the ignition key would restore to normal operation.  Proved its worth a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Front brake not operating brake light   Front brake not operating brake light Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:10 pm

Hooligans! HOOLIGANS!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Front brake not operating brake light   Front brake not operating brake light Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:04 pm

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front brake not operating brake light   Front brake not operating brake light Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Front brake not operating brake light
Page 1 of 1