12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Warning Not GRiSO but I had to say it......CAPONORD!! :-)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Warning Not GRiSO but I had to say it......CAPONORD!! :-)   Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:35 pm

I spent a test ride on the new Caponord 1200 travel pack this weekend.....bugger me with a fish fork it was good...the only and I mean only things to fault were no analog tach, and two channels in the side fairings that may collect dust.

rides like a old soft buick (or citroen sm), and yet doesn't dive on braking or squat when you whack it.  It is down on the hp from the multistrada tour s, but it easily out handles it...ok bitch slaps it and sends it home.

This is the rsv4 for those of us old guys that like to be able to walk after a 700 mile day.

I do not see it as a replacement for the Stelvio, the stella just has a soul that no other big standard has, it is just the least appliance like most passionate total package of the big modern standards.

But the capo has enough of a rough edge above 6k, to make life exciting.

BTW the new Suzuki dl1k is a whale of a bike,  they have been really good to the old strom...gasp the 1000 may actually be 1/2 as good as the 650 now.  It is still bland and not quite as homley, but that is part of what makes it so good....if you really just like to ride and don't really care about bikes and the total experience much it may be the perfect bike.

having logged so many miles on a pair of dl650s  They are just the most trouble free basically reliable bikes I have ever been around, and it is a bonus that they also really ride really well....they are the swiss army bike.  If the new veestrom has a problem it may be that it has lost some of the simplicity(just some) that made it great.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Warning Not GRiSO but I had to say it......CAPONORD!! :-)   Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Citroen SM, lol. Those were the days...
Ugly car with a Maserati mill. Weird.
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: Warning Not GRiSO but I had to say it......CAPONORD!! :-)   Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:49 pm

A buddy picked up a new 650 and I took it for a very short spin in the parking lot. Oh man, I like it! May have to road test it, but I fear I'll really really like and I just got rid of a bike because I had too many.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warning Not GRiSO but I had to say it......CAPONORD!! :-)   Today at 1:55 am

Back to top Go down

Warning Not GRiSO but I had to say it......CAPONORD!! :-)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: