GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.

Go down 
+2
pauldaytona
anguscameron1966
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Empty
PostSubject: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:50 am

The techs on here may well be able to offer advice on this if anyone is going to rollerise. Looks like it may be a good deal but I'm far from expert.

For what its worth [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:02 am

One of the mountings for the valve cover is damaged, so needs repair, if possible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:38 am

It's a top one on the rocker retainer plate though. I've got about 200 of those, 100 lefts and 100 rights! Laughing

If anyone wants to jump on it and give me a hoy I can supply a few replacements FOC and one of them is bound to be fine. The machining is pretty good so the rocker is unlikely to bind but better safe than sorry in an application like this.

Pete
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:04 am

Contacted Pete and bought the kit, thanks Angus and Pete!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:52 am

its the LH one with the busted plate isn't it? Confirm that and send me an address and I'll pull a few un-munted ones out of the pile of shite. Let me know if you'd like me to send the other bits you'll need too. I have them all in stock.

Pete
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:29 am

I will contact the seller to find out Pete, adress sent by PM
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:07 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
its the LH one with the busted plate isn't it?

Pete

Confirmed Pete!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:35 pm

No worries, got your address, I'll dig out a few cast-offs tomorrow.

Don't bother buying the head gaskets off Teo, I'll send you all three, just send the unused ones back by the slowest, cheapest means possible, or just pass on the favour to the next poor bastard who gets stuck like you.

Pete
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:48 pm

I will send them back by Pigeon post Pete, no problem lol!
Back to top Go down
smddanny
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
smddanny

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:24 am

Damn... wasn't paying attention and didn't know that Stelvio parts would do that for me !

Wonder when the next one is coming up? That would save a lot of time...
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:08 am

Just found this:

Rollerisation of the 8V by Pete Roper

Great writing by Pete, as always Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:18 am

smddanny wrote:
Damn... wasn't paying attention and didn't know that Stelvio parts would do that for me !

Wonder when the next one is coming up?  That would save a lot of time...

If money is less important than time why not just buy the bits you need? They're not exactly rare. Only thing you need to know is which kit you need. What year is your bike again?

Pete
Back to top Go down
smddanny
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
smddanny

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:23 am

Pete:

I'm an 09. Money matters but is she's aint ridable when I want to do my trip.. what good is it :-)

On Ebay.. there is a whole motor for 2200.. don't really need a block laying about but I could go to the Uk with a pair of loaded heads too.. Maybe he'd take 1600??

Thought the price of the bits new are near $1500?

Thanks in advacne for any help you can offer Pete...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:21 am

As an '09 it will almost certainly need a 'C' kit but the easier and cheaper way to do it is buy a 'B' kit and add the other pieces you need. I think in the tech section I did a list of suggested bits that included a swap to the later valve covers but you can forget that option if you want to as rocker cover prices seem to have come more into line.

What you need is a 'B' kit

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Four valve Spring shims, four valve guide oil seals, inlet and exhaust gaskets and a pair of head gaskets which you can buy after measuring the ones that come off. The part numbers for the shims and stuff are in that other thread, just punch 'em into TLM's search engine.

You don't need to buy an entire motor and waste time pulling it to bits for heavens sakes! A silly false economy! All up the kit and bits will probably set you back about $900-950US. Installing them and dropping the sump for a clean out? Probably six hours or so if the shop doing the job is competent and experienced.

Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:46 am

smddanny wrote:

Wonder when the next one is coming up?  That would save a lot of time...

You probably can score  a free kit, I can't as I do all the work on my Guzzi's in my garage at home, so no dealer history at all. That's why I bought this "kit".
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:01 am

I think the problem is time related as well. He wants to ride soonand the U.K. Importer moves with the speed of a Mandraxed sloth!
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:16 pm

No thanks required Klaas.

I'm just happy to have made a useful contribution, I've had so much great advise and help myself on here especially from Pete.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:28 pm

Great detective work & great 'spot' from the photos that it was a rollerised set because from the words it sounded like an original fitted 08 stelvio used parts; which presume would have been flats.
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:20 pm

The seller clearly didn't know what he was selling Smile  It is a big broker (breaker?) so I don't feel bad about that Wink

Last edited by klaas123 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:26 pm

anguscameron1966 wrote:
No thanks required Klaas.

I'm just happy to have made a useful contribution, I've had so much great advise and help myself on here especially from Pete.

So true Angus, Pete has already sent the missing/damaged parts to me, we all owe him a lot....
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:27 pm

I've sent you three rocker retainer plates, one of them has to work! Make sure when you reassemble the box the rocker can move freely.

Also, since the stuff you've bought has rockers I'd really appreciate the old rocker gear out of your old camboxes if you can spare them.

Pete
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:33 pm

No problem Pete, will sent them back to you together with the unused head gaskets and rocker retainer plates.
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:25 pm

Parts from the UK came in this morning, all looking good. Very happy man here cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
smddanny
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
smddanny

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:10 pm

You are lucky indeed.. somebody made a great find on that one !
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:26 pm

smddanny wrote:
You are lucky indeed.. somebody made a great find on that one !

Angus sure did Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next