GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Grisso twin pipes

Go down 
+11
Oz1200Guzzi
klaas123
Ekimyrf
Papa Lazarou
GHTE
Steak
Pete Roper
EricS
sidrat
beetle
GRD
15 posters
AuthorMessage
GRD
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GRD

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:14 am

OK . Took some photos of the pipework on the twin system.

Originally I planned to fit both mufflers on the same side. Staggered, one under the other as this would have involved less pipe work.
Made up a jig and played around with it for a while, but decided in the end that I didn't like it as much as a muffler on each side.
Got Terry from Redline Exhausts to make it up.

Didn't  factor in how the lack of a swing arm on the left would look with the pipe work.  This still need some work, but overall I'm really happy with the result.   I originally thought I'd have to do something with the mapping emediatly after, but the bike pulls harder as it is.  I could probably get it to run even better with a bit of fiddling with the maping, but I'm not sure how I'll go about it yet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SMTCapeCod and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:34 am

This is proof of intelligent design. Good job. The secret is to slow down the exhaust gas speed. You idea to keep the pretzel is a solid one. I'm not surprised it works.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:11 am

Looks good too
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:23 am

Very nice work. When does production start?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:24 am

beetle wrote:
This is proof of intelligent design. Good job. The secret is to slow down the exhaust gas speed. You idea to keep the pretzel is a solid one. I'm not surprised it works.

cheers

I fully, (And mildly drunkenly!) endorse this assessment! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:39 pm

I applaud the effort and it looks nice, but a 2 into 2 would really make the effort worthwhile.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:43 pm

Hi Steak would you get sufficient back pressure with 2 into 2 system?
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Depends upon how you could pretzel, crossover meld, the midpipe I'd guess.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:30 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
beetle wrote:

cheers

I fully, (And mildly drunkenly!) endorse this assessment! Very Happy

This exhaust does not even appear to be rollerised.

Praise indeed.

A lovely job, BTW.
Back to top Go down
GRD
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GRD

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:27 am

Steak wrote:
I applaud the effort and it looks nice, but a 2 into 2 would really make the effort worthwhile.

Yeah,that would be nice, but I've already spent more than I originally planned.
Back to top Go down
Ekimyrf
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Ekimyrf

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:40 am

Was this done by the guys at Edwardstown ?

Aha just re read your post I assumed correctly Redline I have friends who have had exhausts built by them excellent job.
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:12 am

Very nice job indeed
Back to top Go down
GRD
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GRD

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:43 am

Ekimyrf wrote:
Was this done by the guys at Edwardstown ?

Aha just re read your post I assumed correctly Redline I have friends who have had exhausts built by them excellent job.

Yeah, had the pipework done at Redline. As I mentioned earlier, I was not 100% happy with the left side and as Terry can get rather grumpy at times I took the bike down to an exhaust place just down the road from my place, AAA Exhausts.

Even though they don't usually do bikes and my job was small and pidly for them, they were fantastic, couldn't have asked for better.
In hindsight, should have gone to them in the first place.

First pic is, as the bike left Redline with the mid pipe hanging out in the breeze.
Next two are after a few hours at AAA Exhausts.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:46 pm

I can see the exhaust has moved forward some - nice! Is it now a boot burner when you put your foot down? I always had this problem on my Sport, exacerbated when I am wearing wet weather gear ( yeah the ones with the big melted hole in them on the left inside leg...).
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:04 am

I love the looks of it. Any chance you have a video/sound file so we can hear how it sounds?
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:42 am

whats the view look like from behind?
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:01 am

Awesome, love the symmetry! Would this be possible with the stock OEM pipes as well in theory? That would look spectacular I think albeit difficult/expensive to mirror the mounting.
Back to top Go down
DangWangi
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
DangWangi

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:39 am

Very nice work indeed! I support a video/audio recording whenever you get around to it! cheers
Back to top Go down
Charles
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Charles

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:12 am

Hi GRD ... I know it's been a few years since this post ... just a quick question - where did you get your fender eliminator and indicator kit from? Looks nice and clean. I'm in Oz so I might be able to buy online. Cheers Charles
Back to top Go down
GRD
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GRD

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:32 am

Charles wrote:
Hi GRD ... I know it's been a few years since this post ... just a quick question - where did you get your fender eliminator and indicator kit from? Looks nice and clean. I'm in Oz so I might be able to buy online. Cheers Charles

I'm afraid I can't tell you anything about the fender eliminator. It was on the bike when I bought it.
I did fit the indicators though.  They were Ebay LED s . They were pretty cheep, easy to fit but you need to fit a resistor to each one, 25 W 10 ohms, otherwise they will flash fast and and you will have a fault light up on the screen.

[

Oz1200Guzzi and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
Charles
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Charles

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:57 am

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Yes, I have read about the need for resisters. As for the eliminator AF1 seem to have a kit which will work so I'll purchase one and see how I go. Really appreciate your feed back. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grisso twin pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grisso twin pipes   Grisso twin pipes Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Grisso twin pipes
Page 1 of 1