GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut

Go down 
+3
DungeonMaster
beetle
Grisonut
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut Empty
PostSubject: Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut   Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:35 pm

Well, I finally found time to customize my Givi fairing...
Had to re-spray it black metal like the current SE is then try to match the silver.
The match is dead on with the black and the silver is almost perfect but since it's not against the tank, one can't tell anyway.
I wanted to duplicate the gas tank theme so it flows nicely.

Pics:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mock up
Painting
Untaping

Now on the bike:
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut   Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:26 pm

Nice!!

cheers Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut   Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:28 pm

Beauty!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Landman
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Landman

PostSubject: Re: Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut   Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Awesome work!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut   Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:18 pm

Yup, nice. Good work.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oca
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Oca

PostSubject: Re: Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut   Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:13 pm

Nice job Grisonut. Is that the 770?
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut   Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:54 am

@ GRiSOnut - That looks really sharp!  I have been wanting to do something very similar on my A770, but will probably resort to just shooting some scheme using only the rattle-can silver as my particular Airstar screen is of the matte black variety.  I just haven't laid it out yet.

Thanks for the inspiration! This deserves its own topic...

What paint did you find to best match the silver?

- SD

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut   Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:50 am

Thanks guys.
I love doing this shit... time consuming but fun.

For paint on the black I used a Jag color: code PED (2001 Anthracite metallic)
It's a base coat that I mixed to a urethane single stage semi gloss black that has a 4 to 1 ratio.
Instead of reducing it, I added 20% of the already reduced base coat metal to the straight black and it turned out perfect (lucky).

On the silver it's a basic base/clear coat system and I used a Mercedes code from the 90s: DB744
Then I used a matte clear (urethane 4 to 1 again) on top for durability and voila!

Those paint codes aren't the result of extensive research, it's what I had on the shelves.
The factory uses single stage matte paint (same with the Tenni green), that's why it's a bitch to match this without a real paint code from Guzzi.
The Mercedes silver could use a little more pearl in it to be spot on but since the fairing is not against the gas tank you can't tell the difference.

Steak, send me yours and I'll do it for you.
That'll be my contribution towards Guzzidiag or something (still have to get those cables, lol)
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut   Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:09 pm

Grisonut wrote:
Steak, send me yours and I'll do it for you.
That'll be my contribution towards Guzzidiag or something (still have to get those cables, lol)

Wow, that's a super generous offer Pascal!

I'd love to take you up on that when I get back to Seattle from my trip, unless you think you'd have time for a pretty quick turnaround, then I'd ship it while hanging out here in California for the next few weeks.

You do good work, much better than I could manage. I'd be happy to send you the GuzziDiag cables for your trouble.

- SD

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut   Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:28 pm

Generous offer to generous people Steak... Wink 
Folks like Beetle, Paul, Pete and yourself (and others still) make it happen for the rest of us so it's only fair to pitch in.
I ain't worth a shit with computers but I can fabricate like mad.

Send it to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut   Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Custom painted Diavolo Nero windscreen by GRiSOnut
Page 1 of 1