GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Bitubo Suspension

Go down 
+4
sidrat
guzziownr
avgpetro
MrGPz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

Bitubo Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Bitubo Suspension   Bitubo Suspension Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Anyone heard of these and would they fit?

There is a distributor in NZ, whereas there isn't a Matris distributor.
Back to top Go down
avgpetro
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
avgpetro

Bitubo Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitubo Suspension   Bitubo Suspension Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:10 am

officine rossopuro used Bitubo on "ipothesys" and "zero".
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Bitubo Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitubo Suspension   Bitubo Suspension Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:43 am

I see...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Bitubo Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitubo Suspension   Bitubo Suspension Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:23 am

in the UK they are mainly the purveyor of scooter replacement suspension
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Bitubo Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitubo Suspension   Bitubo Suspension Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:06 am

Guzzi used them for a while in the '90's. I was never impressed.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Bitubo Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitubo Suspension   Bitubo Suspension Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:23 am

Maybe they are better these days?
Back to top Go down
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
pokeyjoe

Bitubo Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitubo Suspension   Bitubo Suspension Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:15 am

Guzzi put them on the V7 "Racers" when they came out. I'm still trying to figure out why. I think it's because they were the cheapest shocks you could get with external reservoirs. They were horrid. Zero free sag resulted into getting launched on rebound.
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

Bitubo Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitubo Suspension   Bitubo Suspension Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Ok, sounds like my best bet is to get Pete to sort out a Matris setup and ship it all to NZ and i will get some help here to fit and calibrate,

Thanks for your comments.
Back to top Go down
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
pokeyjoe

Bitubo Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitubo Suspension   Bitubo Suspension Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:41 pm

I have put bespoke Matris on a couple of bikes. Even though they were the "right" springs for my weight, they were a bit too stiff. In talking with others on the subject, the general consensus was that you should lie about your weight. Claim you are lighter than you are. Maybe the people I ordered from were clueless. Pete may have some insight.
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

Bitubo Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitubo Suspension   Bitubo Suspension Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:26 pm

Peter Roper, PM sent
Back to top Go down

Bitubo Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitubo Suspension   Bitubo Suspension Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:57 pm

pokeyjoe wrote:
Guzzi put them on the V7 "Racers" when they came out.  I'm still trying to figure out why.  I think it's because they were the cheapest shocks you could get with external reservoirs.  They were horrid.  Zero free sag resulted into getting launched on rebound.  

That result is a lack of rebound dampening, not too stiff a spring.
Zero free sag (if rider sag is correct), indicates spring is too soft.
Back to top Go down
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
pokeyjoe

Bitubo Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitubo Suspension   Bitubo Suspension Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:30 pm

ghezzi wrote:

Well, then, I'm confused as I can be. Free sag is just the weight of the bike on the suspension. If the springs ere too soft, I would think that the springs would compress under the weight of the bike. No?
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Bitubo Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitubo Suspension   Bitubo Suspension Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:53 am

I think it depends on pre-load (could well be wrong). Soft springs force you to crank up the pre-load to get to the correct 'total sag' and as a result the free sag reduces and is replaced by mainly rider sag......
Back to top Go down
avgpetro
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
avgpetro

Bitubo Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitubo Suspension   Bitubo Suspension Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:46 am

ghezzi wrote:
pokeyjoe wrote:
Guzzi put them on the V7 "Racers" when they came out.  I'm still trying to figure out why.  I think it's because they were the cheapest shocks you could get with external reservoirs.  They were horrid.  Zero free sag resulted into getting launched on rebound.  

Reading those made me curious, I looked up the V7 Racer's manual...
Its rear shocks have compresion and rebound adjustments, the manual gives some basic guidelines on how to adjust tmeh, it also has a "Causion" note, in bold capital, mentioning that if spring preload is increased, the rebound damping must be increased also.

So, looks to me that bitubos on V7 Racers, may be just fine - but not for a rider that do not know how to adjust them and have not even looked up for that in the owners manual.
Back to top Go down
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
pokeyjoe

Bitubo Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitubo Suspension   Bitubo Suspension Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:49 am

It's been several years and my memory isn't what it once was (if it was ever any good). As I recall, the V7s have stiff rear springs to accommodate carrying a passenger (and avoiding litigation issues under those circumstances). I doubt if I had to increase pre-load. If anything, it was decreased. The rebound dampening was adjusted for comfort, but to avoid any bouncing. Even under those circumstances, there wasn't any free sag which always baffled me. Aftermarket shocks fixed everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bitubo Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitubo Suspension   Bitubo Suspension Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Bitubo Suspension
Page 1 of 1