GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience?

Go down 
+9
Triman023
sidrat
Grisonut
paulbrice
Street
Bill Hagan
beetle
Pete Roper
rustyrotor
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience?   How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:44 pm

I got a lucky 13. Had the speed sensor go out the first week. At 10K miles got the dreaded oil light at idle when the engine was hot. That was a blown sump spacer gasket, messy to change but cost $10. Everything else has been tires, oil and a battery after 3 years. Way way more reliable than my 96 Buell...
Back to top Go down
alanlemansiv
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
alanlemansiv

PostSubject: GRiSO issues   How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:27 am

Hi at what point/year model did the 8V motors stopped lunching themselves, is a 2014 model GRiSO for sale in QLD at a dealer's 45k on the clock, just wondering if this would or could be a issue with valves etc lunching themselves, any advise is much appreciated.

Thanks Alan
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience?   How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:41 am

Mid 2012. A 2014 should be fine as long as it hasn't been buggered about with by someone who doesn't know what they are doing. As with all CARC bikes it will need its swingarm bearings and shock linkage bearings greasing and will almost certainly benefit from a proper service/tune.

Pete
Back to top Go down
alanlemansiv
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
alanlemansiv

PostSubject: Re: How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience?   How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi Pete, thanks for that information has been most helpful, regards Alan
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

PostSubject: Re: How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience?   How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:37 pm

I tried a 2014 BMW R1200r and an 2017 F800GT once before buying the GRiSO. Notice I only said once.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience?   How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:47 pm

Had a 2016 R1200R between my Multi's. It did everything so brilliantly it was quite frankly a boring bike to ride. Flicked it after 4 months. A bike just has to have character such as Guzzi's and Duc's.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
alanlemansiv
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
alanlemansiv

PostSubject: Re: How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience?   How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:58 am

Hi Pete
Who would you recommend in Brisbane for said works.
Regards
Alan
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience?   How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:05 am

the best person there would be, er, you Alan!

those are not as daunting tasks as they may seem. plenty of write ups and pics on here, and always plenty of folks willing to chime in with helpful (and not so helpful) suggestions!!

the moto guzzi is a simple beast that enjoys owner attention. Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience?   How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:15 am

All I would say is there isn't anyone in Brisbane I'd trust not to fuck it up. Sorry. The Local 'Guru' locked his mind in about 1988. Do it yourself. Or don't go Guzzi.

Sorry
Back to top Go down
alanlemansiv
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
alanlemansiv

PostSubject: Re: How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience?   How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:23 pm

Yep thanks Pete, I am willing to give it ago myself, what would you expect to pay for one given the mileage an the year (2014 and 45K on the clock, is being sold at a bike dealers), I know Guzzi can do high miles if looked after. It appears to be a standard bike with the standard exhaust, as for service/greasing of suspension am prepared to give that ago myself however tuning how do I know if someone/something has not buggered with throttle sensors etc regards Alan
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience?   How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:37 am

Stock, un-fucked with? I really don't know? You can I think find new old stock ones for 15 or so. 45,000 kms is not a concern but some might consider it 'High Mileage'.

If you're looking for a really good on that has had everything dome my offsider Michael's bike is for sale due to his no longer being able to ride. It's a 2010 I think. Rollerised, mapped, piped, immaculate and owned by a very fussy and anal cosmetics nazi! I have to go pick it up from his old domicile on Monday if you'd like more pics, (I think it's in the Grisos for sale section.). I think it's lower mileage than the 14 as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience?   How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

How common/uncommon is my GRiSO experience?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2