GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New geegaw. Yay or nay?

Go down 
+6
sidrat
Bill Hagan
Grisonut
Oz1200Guzzi
EricS
beetle
10 posters
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New geegaw. Yay or nay? Empty
PostSubject: New geegaw. Yay or nay?   New geegaw. Yay or nay? Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:59 pm

Before my frame got blacked, I bought some geegaws to fill the hole in the frame. These are from a Stelvio (or Bellagio). Now I'm not so sure. Thoughts?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: New geegaw. Yay or nay?   New geegaw. Yay or nay? Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:30 pm

Like'em better than the chrome doughnuts that are stock on my bike. Would you consider spraying them satin black to match the frame?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New geegaw. Yay or nay?   New geegaw. Yay or nay? Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:37 pm

Bellagio bitz!

I like your bike now. cheers
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: New geegaw. Yay or nay?   New geegaw. Yay or nay? Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:52 pm

leave - good!
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: New geegaw. Yay or nay?   New geegaw. Yay or nay? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:24 am

They look to me, mayb try them black?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New geegaw. Yay or nay?   New geegaw. Yay or nay? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:09 am

What stands out like dogs balls to me is the super gloss black pegs/levers, out of sync with all the other flat/matt blacks of the bike.

Is the paint meant to be flame orange melding into flame yellow or is it just the lighting? Looks Hot! (pun intended)
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New geegaw. Yay or nay?   New geegaw. Yay or nay? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:21 am

It's just the lighting.

I can't do much about the rearsets. They're anodised gloss black.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: New geegaw. Yay or nay?   New geegaw. Yay or nay? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:29 am

They'll dull out a bit eventually.
Love the look of the bike and the details...things like the little black out recesses to the bolt mounting spots on the engine covers.
Good job Mark. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: New geegaw. Yay or nay?   New geegaw. Yay or nay? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:57 am

I like it, but you might consider adding some little number decals to confound the belly scratchers who look at it.  cheers

I did that to the crash-bar plugs on my EV. Used Knob Creek cork stoppers with the black knurled edges on tops. Love the "What's that for" questions. Change my answer every time. Very Happy

Bill
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: New geegaw. Yay or nay?   New geegaw. Yay or nay? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:05 am

You could also do with a nice anodised alloy rear brake fluid holder :-)
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: New geegaw. Yay or nay?   New geegaw. Yay or nay? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:19 am

But where are going to put the bit of wood that goes through the holes?
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New geegaw. Yay or nay?   New geegaw. Yay or nay? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:16 am

Mark, I think you should up the WTF factor a bit.

...I'm just playin", I actually like your solution a lot. I do agree it would look better in black. And I think those rear sets are the bomb! Great lookin' GRiSO.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: New geegaw. Yay or nay?   New geegaw. Yay or nay? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:20 am

Papa Lazarou wrote:
But where are going to put the bit of wood that goes through the holes?

I use mine to house a puncture repair kit.  Came in handy last weekend to repair a puncture on a Panigale.  No need to remember to pack it.

Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: New geegaw. Yay or nay?   New geegaw. Yay or nay? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:53 pm

It looks good without the 'porkchops' but continue blackening out some more parts.  Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New geegaw. Yay or nay?   New geegaw. Yay or nay? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New geegaw. Yay or nay?
Page 1 of 1