GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

How does a Norge or Sport/Breva shock compare to a Stelvio one ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

How does a Norge or Sport/Breva shock compare to a Stelvio one ? Empty
PostSubject: How does a Norge or Sport/Breva shock compare to a Stelvio one ?   How does a Norge or Sport/Breva shock compare to a Stelvio one ? Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:43 pm

I have asked this question in my wanted ad for a Stelvio shock with no response as I suppose most people have not seen it. Does anyone know how it compares ? Length, spring rate, will a Sport/Breva or Norge rear shock fit a GRiSO and be an upgrade ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How does a Norge or Sport/Breva shock compare to a Stelvio one ?   How does a Norge or Sport/Breva shock compare to a Stelvio one ? Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Stelvio shock gets 3 + and 1 -.

1. Shock is approx 10mm longer (330mm eye-to-eye). Yes it fits. +
2. It has a slightly heavier spring, GRiSO is 9.6kg, Stelvio (?) +
3. It has hydraulic pre-load adjustment. +
4. It still has rebound damping adjustment, but DOES NOT have a compression damping adjuster. -

Sport/Breva/Norge shock will fit, and no, it will not be an upgrade.
Back to top Go down
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: How does a Norge or Sport/Breva shock compare to a Stelvio one ?   How does a Norge or Sport/Breva shock compare to a Stelvio one ? Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Thanks Ghezzi, just a matter of finding a Stelvio being parted out - I imagine there are 50 guys ahead of me in the queue 😨

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: How does a Norge or Sport/Breva shock compare to a Stelvio one ?   How does a Norge or Sport/Breva shock compare to a Stelvio one ? Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:18 am

I dont know about the sport/breva/norge shock, however i can add that the Stevio spring rate is 11kg and although it relies on a ratio for the compression damping (so it does change but only as a ratio of the rebound changes) it does actually work well on the road, i have found no need to change it.

I did worry about it as i originally also looked at a Hagon shock which are the same (and i used to work for a suspension manufacturer that made similar types of shocks) but i would now be confident that the Hagons would work well as a replacement, although i have not used one.

Dont know about track riding (i use a different bike) but at 11/10ths on the road (yes it know!) it works well enough to be worth the change in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does a Norge or Sport/Breva shock compare to a Stelvio one ?   How does a Norge or Sport/Breva shock compare to a Stelvio one ? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

How does a Norge or Sport/Breva shock compare to a Stelvio one ?
Page 1 of 1