GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

If The GRiSO and R9T Mated

Go down 
+10
g®eg
WCB
Grisodude
pjm
swagzz
Pete Roper
DungeonMaster
TalkingGriso
Oz1200Guzzi
Oca
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Oca
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Oca

If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Empty
PostSubject: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Sat May 03, 2014 6:20 pm

This is what it would look like:
New Norton Commando
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Sat May 03, 2014 6:47 pm

Wouldn't you have a transverse mounted engine with a 135 degree V?
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Sat May 03, 2014 6:52 pm

Meh
Back to top Go down
Oca
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Oca

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Sat May 03, 2014 6:59 pm

come on guys. Think out of the box. The R9T is selling like crazy in the US. The Norton is fucking hot.

Oz1200Guzzi, with all due respect (you know what is coming next) Smile Squint. One can see the blood lines.

I would be on this in a heart beat if it were in the US. However, I would NEVER give up the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Sat May 03, 2014 7:24 pm

so mainstream...
Back to top Go down
Oca
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Oca

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Sat May 03, 2014 8:20 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
so mainstream...

Totally.

I don't want to rub it in or be a sphincter, but you do not have a GRiSO.  Smile

At least you are on a Moto Guzzi.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Sat May 03, 2014 8:25 pm

Boom, Tish!
Back to top Go down
Oca
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Oca

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Sat May 03, 2014 8:28 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Boom, Tish!

What fucking time is it by you?

All is good.

I assume you are just about to go for a ride. I am about to get laid and go to sleep. Smile
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Sat May 03, 2014 10:04 pm

This Norton is EXACTLY what I want to do to an SF2 Laverda.
THEN it would be Right.

DM
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Sat May 03, 2014 11:27 pm

I really don't get it. Norton died when I was a kid. Every decade or so some twonk announces they are going to re-launch the brand and then put up pics of what is essentially the same, primitive, obsolete, leak-prone horror that didn't sell FORTY years ago, stick an absurd price tag on it and claim it is going to be the best thing since sliced bread!

I'm sorry, its not. Its a Rat Sandwich with a wheel at each end!

No matter it'll disappear again soon, for another decade.

Pete
Back to top Go down
swagzz
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
swagzz

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Sun May 04, 2014 12:37 am

and $30000 plus
Back to top Go down
pjm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
pjm

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Sun May 04, 2014 1:12 am

hi,regarding the new Norton commando,ive seen a few over here and although I tend to agree with pete(although not quite as harshly)they do look better in the flesh and they have a lovely sound,you would probably be better off buying a sorted original at half the price.still they are selling so somebody must like them and it generates investment for possible future bikes hopefully,so wether you like them or not you never know it could? just be the success triumph now is.anyway im off on the GRiSO to the h café for a cuppa,safe riding,pat
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Sun May 04, 2014 1:37 am

I'd love to see a new Pommy bike that actually was *Modern* but like Aprilia they will have to start small and probably use a bought in engine. There is no shame in that, some such things survive, (The roads are swarming with those horrible Can-Am tricycles!) some don't, (MZ) but almost universally marques that choose to revive an 'Old' name fail, Triumph and MV, (Which are really Cagivas.) being the exceptions to the rule.

My other theory is that if you want to 'Move Forward' don't try and tie the name, any name, simply to the high performance, top end of the market. A few years ago there was a prototype scooter based on the smallblock powerplant and drivetrain, it went nowhere but I'd be overjoyed to see a new range of small, lightweight, Moto Guzzi badged scooters in the marketplace raising the profile of the name. In Italy especially Moto Guzzi is an icon! Do a slightly up-spec version of some of the Piaggio scooter range with special paint and accessories. Winner! Charge a slight premium! Double winner!

Who gives a shit *How* the company gets the money, (As long as its legal!) if Guzzi gets more popular and makes more money the greater the chance of the parent company burying investment funds into the Guzzi brand. So, if we want to see a 'Nuovo LeMans' or 'Daytona' we need to start *Small*.

So does Norton. Although I'd prefer if that name was quietly allowed to die.

Pete
Back to top Go down
pjm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
pjm

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Tue May 06, 2014 1:30 am

cant see the problem with rescurrecting a name,if the products good itll sell what ever its called.id have thought it would be better to generate investment from within the company as its got its own interests at heart(or should have)rather than from outside where they only care about the size of the dividend(or am I to cynical).saying that, money from anywhere is better than nothing from nowhere,cheers pat
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Tue May 06, 2014 3:46 am

swagzz said
and $30000 plus
Agree on that one

Harry
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Fri May 09, 2014 5:36 am

Meh. Another Monster/V11 clone bike but with a 30k price tag.

It's as "Norton" as a Honda. Just like "Triumph".
Back to top Go down
g®eg
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
g®eg

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Fri May 09, 2014 8:55 am

WCB wrote:
Meh. Another Monster/V11 clone bike but with a 30k price tag.

It's as "Norton" as a Honda. Just like "Triumph".

hey now... don't be slaggin' Triumphs....

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Fri May 09, 2014 11:18 am

Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Fri May 09, 2014 10:34 pm

Ive seen the new Norton in the flesh , it is well done ...but if i had 25k to spend i would build a bike ..
IMO the R9t looks great and i for one am glad that BMW made it , proves that the GRiSO has gotten the attention of other MFG.. That is actually a good thing for Guzzi.
Im my mind the GRiSO is a stand alone bike in style and attitude , and Guzzi has done well to change with newer models to sell motorcycles, the competition is fierce and younger buyers for the most part no little of them.
Here Guzzi is not well known to the masses , i ride my GRiSO out to a meet etc, and some scratch their heads , but they.. love.. what they see..and then i tell them all about it ..
Brand recognition is pretty important for sales , John Bloor needed a name in 1993 and he brought Triumph , Norton could do the same if they had the moola and the leadership..
my 2 cents
Keener
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Sat May 10, 2014 12:29 pm

The r9t looks like a mess in person and has the ergos of a rigid shovel head bobber rigid....it is uncomfortable to ride and retina bleeding ugly. It looks "homemade" in a bad way...

Triumph the new triumph is exactly what they should have done be different and bring japanese reliability to the picture...They have made some stuff I just do not get (read new thunderbird, speed4,rocketIII) oh yeah and the "america"...holy fuck what did they do to the new Bonnie with that mess affraid  But the tiger800s, the scrambler, Bonnie,speedy,street. cheers 

Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Mon May 26, 2014 3:52 pm

Or it might look a little like this beaut:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Mon May 26, 2014 9:05 pm

Guzzi should build this bike ,why they haven't yet is a fricken mystery .......
they would sell a ton of them, and it should have the two valve head as well. Wink 
Keener
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Mon May 26, 2014 11:52 pm

Agreed! I hope Guzzi is paying attention. They would sell a shat load of them I think. The GRiSO might not sell as well but big deal. A nice bike is a nice bike.

Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Tue May 27, 2014 7:21 am

I would say the GRiSO will hold its own as far as the style of the bike is concerned , its a different slant on a motorcycle than a V7 style that being more traditional .
The GRiSO IMO has set a standard for Guzzi its been its best new effort as far as a look in some time , the new Cali is perhaps another..
The whole offering from Guzzi is impressive , I would just like to see the big block engines used in the classic models as well.
Keener
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1Tue May 27, 2014 2:22 pm

I tried watching that video, I really did, but that narrator had me wanting to snap my ipad in half!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If The GRiSO and R9T Mated   If The GRiSO and R9T Mated Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

If The GRiSO and R9T Mated
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next