GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

radar detector mounting?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
greeng5
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
greeng5

radar detector mounting? Empty
PostSubject: radar detector mounting?   radar detector mounting? Icon_minitime1Mon May 05, 2014 9:13 am

Anybody running a radar detector using other than a handlebar mount?
I am hoping to discover a semi-stealth way to mount a Valentine unit that a) will not be readily visible, b) not easily swipeable, c) plays nicely with the existing cockpit esthetic while running a fly wind screen.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: radar detector mounting?   radar detector mounting? Icon_minitime1Tue May 06, 2014 12:40 am

I mount my Passport onto the top of the front brake master cylinder with industrial strength Velcro. Soft pile on the detector and grippy loops on the reservoir lid (shed water easier).

It works at all speeds, including ludicrous...

SD

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: radar detector mounting?   radar detector mounting? Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:43 am

Hey, Steak

any chance you have any pictures of your set up? How have you found the Passport?
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: radar detector mounting?   radar detector mounting? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:29 pm

greeng5 wrote:
Anybody running a radar detector using other than a handlebar mount?
I am hoping to discover a semi-stealth way to mount a Valentine unit that a) will not be readily visible, b) not easily swipeable, c) plays nicely with the existing cockpit esthetic while running a fly wind screen.

I've been trying to find some joy in the radar detector world, so I thought I'd revive this thread.

I am looking into detectors/jammers/stop light camera units that can be bike mounted.

Here is what I found for mounts, and although they only have Grisos listed up to 2007, at least they have

them on their bloody list of motorbikes, and that we do indeed exist !

Anyway, lots of stem, handlebar and fork mounts on this site (some may even fit) , for all kinds of apps, not just detectors,,,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: radar detector mounting?   radar detector mounting? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

radar detector mounting?
Page 1 of 1